OGXbox.com

AV Port Removal Gone Sideways During MakeMHz HD+ Install

Heatvent

OK, I had a lot of trouble getting the AV port out of my v1.6 XBox. The solder pump I was using removed the traces on the underside of the board.  Traces on the top are fine so I am able to tap the SPDIF and 5V.  However, on the bottom, I tried using bodge wires soldered directly to the resistors going to pins 11, 12 and 13.  My work so far has unfortunately been messy at best and I am getting flashing orange when starting the XBox so I am pretty sure it is my bodge work that is the issue.  Does anyone know if there is a better way to short pins 11/12 and 13/14 elsewhere if my AV port through holes are toast?

Reference picture of pins below...

http://i.imgur.com/pyjq4y6.jpg

BTW, the specific behavior I am seeing is I get a green light on the Xbox initially.  The HD+ blue light blinks slowly (about every 3 seconds on 3 seconds off).  After 10 or so seconds the Xbox flashes orange and needs to be unplugged to turn off. 

I did check the ribbon cable installation a couple of times.  I checked for bridged connections.  I also checked that I got continuity all the way from the ribbon far edge to the opposite side of the resistor that the trace was soldered to. So I believe the cable is soldered correctly (I'm sure, however, I could be proven wrong).

I also tried checking continuity from by bodges to the other side of each resistor and had mixed results. I checked my soldering and it appears to be good.  Not sure if maybe I fried the resistors if that is possible. Maybe I need to jump across the resistor (not sure if they do anything when pins 11/12 and 13/14 are bridged).

Edited by Heatvent

I had maybe some progress?  I soldered my bodge wires to the other side of the resistors and now, no orange flashing, only steady green.  The HD+ Blue LED is now flashing on/off each second instead of slowly.  Not sure what this means. I think there should also be a green LED.

Edited by Heatvent