OGXbox.com

Saves corrupted after cloning with chimp?

Shmingers

Hi all, I have a problem that has me outside my element and completely stymied. Hoping someone has seen this before and could assist.

My long-time main Xbox is a 1.2 hardmodded with a clone AladdinXT chip, running EvoX M8+ bios, and a 500 gig hard drive. I recently picked up a 1.4 that was in good shape. I fixed it up and TSOP-modded it, then I got my hands on an OpenXenium chip (it has Xecuter 2, Ind-bios and I added M8+), so I added it to the 1.4. I set X2 as the default launch bios.

I wanted to move to the 1.4 as my main box, so I tried to clone my 500 gig hdd to a 1 TB I wanted to put in the 1.4. It appeared to work, but when I tried loading a game, I found that all of my savegames were corrupted. Dead or Alive 2 said the save was corrupted, and Burnout 3 said the save was "unuseable."

Everything else except for my savegames, seems to have copied over fine.

Did I do something wrong? I'm re-cloning the drive to see if it was just a bad transfer, but I'd definitely appreciate any advice you could offer. Thanks!

50 minutes ago, Shmingers said:

I wanted to move to the 1.4 as my main box, so I tried to clone my 500 gig hdd to a 1 TB I wanted to put in the 1.4. It appeared to work, but when I tried loading a game, I found that all of my savegames were corrupted. Dead or Alive 2 said the save was corrupted, and Burnout 3 said the save was "unuseable."Everything else except for my savegames, seems to have copied over fine.

Sorry, for clarity, the savegames on the cloned 1 TB drive were corrupted. The contents of the original 500 gig hdd are fine.

8 hours ago, Shmingers said:

Thank you so much Rocky5! (For your reply, and all of your amazing work.) I've nulled the key on both, but I'll double-check using configmagic.

Thank you again!

If you change the HDDKey after the save was created, they will no longer work.  The key used to sign them has changed.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

If you change the HDDKey after the save was created, they will no longer work.  The key used to sign them has changed.

Yep, I understand now, thank you. After a bit of nerve-wracking work, I was able to use config magic to transfer the EEprom from the old Xbox to the new one, and everything works again. Bonus, I learned something new! Thank you both!

• Like 1