OGXbox.com

Bought an xbox with an sst 49lf020 chip, what should I do?

ImSoHM02

Hey guys,

Bought a second hand xbox that came hard modded with a sst 49lf020. Seems this xbox hasn't been used in a while as some of the apps are a couple of revisions behind. Should I wipe it clean and start again? Should I buy a different modchip?

Attached an image below of the details from EvoX.
spacer.png

17 hours ago, coldasijs said:

The modchip is an Aladdin modchip. These are quite recent.

Big question is what you plan to do with it. You could install a new bios, bigger HD, install new dashboard etc…  or just put a game in the DVD drive and just play games :D

I'm actually wanting to update the bios and everything else in it to the latest version, but I'm not sure how to do it exactly. Is there a guide I could follow? Could I do it all over ftp? I'm just not sure where to start exactly.

Edited by ImSoHM02
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, ImSoHM02 said:

I'm actually wanting to update the bios and everything else in it to the latest version, but I'm not sure how to do it exactly. Is there a guide I could follow? Could I do it all over ftp? I'm just not sure where to start exactly.

Depends if you want Titan or Cerbios since those are latest.

Is there a feature that you want from the latest Bios/dash? Or you just want to have the latest because you can?

There are different dashes and BIOS’s available. There isn’t something like the latest version, just different “latest” versions with different features. Installing new BIOS makes sense if you plan to use certain features of that BIOS. a few examples:

- LBA48 (bigger HD support then 137 GB, up to 16 TB depending on BIOS)

- UDMA5 support, only useful when your SATA2IDE adapter supports higher UDMA standard (larger HD bandwidth)

- Makemhz HDMI, only useful if you have the MakeMHZ HDMI installed

-128mb RAM support, need to install extra RAM modules..

there are probably more features available but then you get very specific versions. 

Regarding the dash it is a little bit simpler, it boils down to your preference. You are now using EvoX with slayer skin. The standard EvoX is just a more basic design, same for UnleashX. There are different skins available for those dashes. There a few different XBMC versions, tailored to the use case. XBMC4gamers is hands down the most modern looking with a lot nice features. I would say, use google to see what you like.

I usually install everything using a burned DVD with ogXBOX installer 2021, very easy to use and handy if you like to test multiple dashes and Bios versions. It is possible to install using FTP as well, but it requires more prep work to find all the files etc… I don’t know the exact details, bit there are guides available on the internet 

Hete are 2 forum  topics on the OGXBOX installer and the BIOS flasher. The latter contains BIOS withe full LBA48 and UDMA5 BIOS versions.