OGXbox.com

Conductive Paint Tsop Method

psnap777

Hi Guys. I just wanted to share that I used Bare Contuctive Electric Paint for the first time today to TSOP flash one of my Xboxs and it was the easiest TSOP flash I have ever done. I used a toothpick to apply the paint. The paint is kind of thick and it was really easy to apply. I bought it at Amazon. Here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KBXT6JW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Any conductive paint it's even sold as rear window demister repair

With 2 people a version 1.2-1.4 could be flashed with 1 person holding 2 small screwdrivers on the 2 points on the board and the 2nd person to use the controls to do the flash.

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Oh I remember the joys of trying to avoid going anywhere near having to find a soldering iron doing this the first time ten years ago. I was only successful flashing ONCE after using a pencil and playing join the dots. Sadly though when I tried to update it again to a more preferable BIOS, the TSOP was left partially erased and of course it was impossible to convince EvoX to retry flashing, it just froze in the middle of the process until the power was cut. On next power on: unbootable Xbox. This of course is because alternative materials have a high level of resistence and makes connections unstable and unreliable. I can tell you now it's exactly the same with conductive paint in my experience. Conductive paint or graphite = no no no!
Seriously, please don't prolong the inevitable like I did. Get a soldering iron,  a reel of tin and a bottle of no-clean flux! Once you learn it is so easy to do!
P.S. The unbootable Xbox in this story has been revived years later, only it required more wires to trick the Xbox in attempting to boot from an intact bank in the un-erased portion of the TSOP. Goes to show: you just end up having to dig yourself deeper into a hole trying to put off the inevitable!

Edited by samspin

I have had good luck with the Bare Conductive Paint with it's ease of use and it's ability to conduct electricity. One drawback  to using this is that it stays conductive for a little while but it doesn't stay that way. In a couple of years you won't be able to flash it. You will have to take it apart and clean the TSOP points with 91% alcohol. Then reapply the Bare paint and reflash. Probably be better off to clean the TSOP points right after flashing to whatever Bios you want to put on it.

• 2 months later...