OGXbox.com

Bricked my softmod dashboard, bought openxenium but can't load to retail kernel

Spartan195

Greetings,

As the title says I used to have softmodded xbox I did myself years ago, but trying to load the default dashboard through ftp to use the music playlist feature I bricked it and got the service screen on boot preventing it from booting to evodash.

So I bought the openxenium chip, installed, loaded the evoX kernel and now I can load into my old custom dashboard and play my games without formatting anything. But the retail kernel entry keeps showing the service screen with a 05 error.

I'm sure it's because I copied files to the wrong location when I tried to copy the retail dashboard through ftp and retail kernel files are corrupted.

Can someone help me find the retail dashboard files and tell me how and where should I copy it to the HDD without deleting my running evodash? I found the files in a topic here in this webpage I think I got the files from a user called slayer (I'm not sure I don't remember well enough) but I'm so dumb I copied the files wrong

Thanks a lot!

are you trying to load the retail dashboard from boot? 05 just means the hard drive isnt locked so that would suggest the chip is disabled at that point.  you can run the XBE for msdash through your replacement dashboard and that should bring up the original retail dashboard

1 hour ago, bolofski said:

are you trying to load the retail dashboard from boot? 05 just means the hard drive isnt locked so that would suggest the chip is disabled at that point.  you can run the XBE for msdash through your replacement dashboard and that should bring up the original retail dashboard

It was the 05 and then 21 error after locking the HDD again.

I posted the solution on a thread I'll just leave it here if someone have the same problem

SOLUTIONS:

- ERROR 05: Boot your xbox into the modchip configuration (if openxenium press the eject button). Enter to Disk tools and lock the Hard Drive.

- ERROR 21 when trying to boot to Retail Kernel: You need to delete all retail dashboard folders in C partition and copy new ones Clean C and E files . And with this the problem is solved. You can access FPT from unleasX or any other dashboard or using the openxenium modchip