OGXbox.com

Fable TLC keeps crashing

coldasijs

I’ve been playing Fable TLC the last few days and ran into a very annoying problem. The game crashes when I move from Bowerstone quay and Bowerstone south. It gets stuck on the loadscreen. First time this happened was the day before yesterday after picking up the blue mushroom potion from the witch, lost about an hour of progress. It reminded me again that we’ve got a lot of QoL improvements over the years like regular autosave :D. Loaded an earlier save yesterday to try again, messed around for about an hour. Actually managed to get the potion successfully this time so thought everything was fine until I went back there for another quest and now I’m stuck in because my last save game and autosave are from Bowerstone quay and every time I move back to Bowerstone south the game gets stuck again on the same loading screen. Google didn’t show any known issues with this other then a few people running into other crashes that might be savegame related.

I’m playing the game from HD. I could try running the game from disc, but I’m afraid I have to start from scratch again. Are there things I could try to recover like an old save file or hack the save file to get to an earlier stage?