OGXbox.com

Using Driveimageutils with EvoX m8+ to play xisos from hdd

MrLonely

I hope this topic is not in the wrong section.

So I have driveimageutils installed along with various things that I followed in this reddit post where KaosEngineer had opte4d his help with someone else. Link below:

I have my dashloader configured in what I would assume working order. I looked at the dumped log file and appears to be working with the patch for running an xiso. I ftp'd a xiso that I made with quix and put it in my F:\Games folder along with the attach.xbe file renamed to default.xbe. Note that i have the iso and deafult.xbe in their own folder.

Now when I load everything up and go to my games folder in the dashboard, it says attach virtual disc or something of that like. So I click on it and it goes to black screen and stays there. Not sure if there is something configured wrong with driveimageutils install or if I have an incompatible bios, though evidence seemed to point that wasn't the case.

In any case, I'm pretty stumped and haven't found any threads dealing with the same problem. Though I should mention that I built the xiso from a redump on archive.org, so I am not sure if that is what the problem could be.

34 minutes ago, KitMikro said:

Did you read this? It didn’t work for me at first try but if you get the patcher to load your dash it should work.

So I gave that a good read, seems pretty similar in process.

I decided I should try to convert a game into an xiso that I know runs of the hdd fine. The game I chose to test with is Shadow the Hedgehog. So after mulleting a redump of shadow the hedgehog and using quix to create an xiso, I ftp'd that over in the similar fashion. Went to my games folder and clicked on the game and it booted fine as an xiso.

So I think the conclusion is that there is something wrong with the redump I was using for the other game I first tested (which was Burnout Revenge). If that's the case, I think I may be stuck as to how to get that game working correctly other than maybe burning a disc and using dvd2xbox or something similar. Though I can't really burn discs reliably right now as I have no disc burner.

I am open to any suggestions as to get Burnout working or perhaps I need to find another source, though I tried other places with supposed hdd ready game copies and they also failed to work/load.

6 hours ago, KitMikro said:

I also did have some troubles with burnout. Currently moving to another place so my Xbox is in storage and can’t check how I solved it. I believe vimm has a working xiso for burnout, maybe try that.

I'm going to give vimm's a try. I completely forgot about that source. It seems that the more popular/bigger games seem to be the ones having the most trouble getting to work as I had tried most of the call of duty games as well as a couple of others.