OGXbox.com

Super Aladdin fault?

Articat

I bougt a faulty Xbox crystal. The Xbox dident turn on so I open it up and replaced 3 caps that was bad. When I tried it again it starts up, but freezes on the Xbox logo. I turned it off and tried again and suddenly it worked and went in to the games archive. Then I turned off and now it refuses to go onto the boot menu again. The unit keeps freezing at the xbox logo. 

I suspected bad solderjoints at the modchip so I resolder all joints including the joints on the Aladdin chip. But no luck.

This unit has the clock capacitor besides the IDE connector and it looks fine.

There is no visible corrotion on the board.

20220718_211041.jpg

The modchip fitting looks fine and as long as the clock cap is present that's not going to be your issue

I would suspect the hard drive or the DVD drive is failing, If you leave it on for a while do you get a error message?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, SS_Dave said:

The modchip fitting looks fine and as long as the clock cap is present that's not going to be your issue

I would suspect the hard drive or the DVD drive is failing, If you leave it on for a while do you get a error message?

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I have seen many 1.6s do this with no dvd hdd at bootup - Some show logo then error some stutter or freeze etc.

8 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

Cheers

SS Dave

It just freezes with a horrible sound. But if I start with the chip mode off, I get error 09.