• Similar Content

• By mog91
      Hi! I’ve recently bought and repaired a (very rusty and water damaged) Xbox. After cleaning it up, removing the clock cap and galvanizing, painting and taping the RF shield I chipped it with an Aladdin 4032 mod chip. Now that my wife is sufficiently annoyed with me spending a lot of time on this, is there an easy way to TSOP flash my v1.1 Xbox without removing my mod chip? I want to get it done now in case the mod chip fails in the future. The original hard drive is very much worthless as is the original DVD drive. I booted Hexen using a PC dvd drive just fine after chipping it. I just want to make sure I’ll be able to use any hard drive in it  without the mod chip in case it breaks. 
    • By Volcanic163
      So, basically, I have a .xbe for Brute Force, but every time I try to run it, I get the error message "Unable to determine default Xbox backbuffer." What does it mean?

Edit: Fixed, but I'm getting a new error saying "IDirect3D::CreateDevice failed"

Edit 2: I've decided it's not worth the trouble. Sorry for bothering you all.
    • By blainelocklair
      Hello, fellow OGers!
      That thermal compound from the factory is failing in our beloved consoles. It can lead to rising temps and possible chip failure. It's s pretty straightforward process to replace it, and I've put together a tutorial video to help you out if you haven't done it yet. Enjoy, and please share any comments you have. Thanks!

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.