XBoxHDM-2.3-Beta4 can't detect USB device

prtscn

8 hours ago, prtscn said:

idVendor:           0x1F75
idProduct:          0x0611
bcdDevice:          0x0006
iManufacturer:        0x04
0x0409: "Innostor"

i think i need to add it manually to device list.

Ok. I thought the Beta 4 release was already configured to find that adapter.  Adds the -d sat flag to smartctl.exe's command line options.

Edit: I wonder which version of firmware your Innostore611 adapter is running.  There's a firmware updater available on the Internet to update it to 0937. (https://station-drivers.com/index.php/en/outils/func-startdown/3135/lang,en-gb/ how well it works or if it'll brick your device ???)

You can connect the SATA drive directly to a SATA port on your motherboard wiith the Beta 4 release. (Edit: To do so, first disable SAFE mode.) It does not require the hard drive to be connected to your PC using a USB-to-HDD interface adapter like the previous Beta 2 or Beta 3 releases.

smartmontools' Supported Device list/table with Innostor device entries listed:

https://www.smartmontools.org/wiki/Supported_USB-Devices_idVendor-0x1000#idVendor0x1700

Note: You do have to scroll down to the Innostor 0x1f75 section of the table.  They need to add a few more anchor points to reach it directly.

4 hours ago, prtscn said:

USB adapter has the latest firmware - "0937". fatxplorer also use smartctl.exe, tried to copy it to beta 4 folder, but no change.

Try running smartctl.exe from a Run as Administrator started cmd.exe window.

smartctl -g security /dev/sd? 

Determine the value for ? by running the wmic command to see which PHYSICALDRIVEN device Windows has assigned to the hard drive.  If N = 0, ? = a; N = 1, ? = b, N = 2, ? = c, etc.

From your information you posted earlier, the hard drive was assigned to the PHYSICALDRIVEN at number 4 = \\.\PHYSICALDRIVE4.  Thus, when running smartctl.exe, the U*ix-style device name, /dev/sd?, will be /dev/sde.  If you connect or disconnect other USB-attached devices between smartctl.exe usage, the value may change. Therefore, before running the smartctl.exe command, check the device name that Windows has assigned to the USB-attached Xbox hard drive.

6 hours ago, prtscn said:

smartctl -d -g security /dev/sd2:

/dev/sd2: Unable to detect device type
Please specify device type with the -d option.

I don't know syntax, for specify -d 😕

You need to add sat after -d  to tell it which type of device to look for and the correct letter to substitute in for the question mark in smartctl.exe's device name - /dev/sd? - not a number.

smartctl -d sat -g security /dev/sd? 

? value determined from the output of the wmic command line operation. Start a Run as Administrator cmd.exe window then execute the following command:

• wmic diskdrive get model,name

Which \\.\PHYSICALDRIVEN  is the Xbox hard drive in the list?

N = 0, 1, 2, 3, etc.; then ? = a, b, c, d, etc.; respectively.

57 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

You need to add sat after -d  to tell it which type of device to look for and the correct letter to substitute in for the question mark in smartctl.exe's device name - /dev/sd? - not a number.

smartctl -d sat -g security /dev/sd? 

? value determined from the output of the wmic command line operation. Start a Run as Administrator cmd.exe window then execute the following command:

• wmic diskdrive get model,name

Which \\.\PHYSICALDRIVEN  is the Xbox hard drive in the list?

N = 0, 1, 2, 3, etc.; then ? = a, b, c, d, etc.; respectively.

"Innostor Ext. HDD USB Device  \\.\PHYSICALDRIVE2".

"smartctl -d sat -g security /dev/sdc".

results: "ATA Security is:  Disabled, NOT FROZEN [SEC1]".

2 hours ago, prtscn said:

"Innostor Ext. HDD USB Device  \\.\PHYSICALDRIVE2".

"smartctl -d sat -g security /dev/sdc".

results: "ATA Security is:  Disabled, NOT FROZEN [SEC1]".

Ok, the drive is not locked.  Is this a new hard drive you are trying to prepare for installation in an Xbox?

What are you wanting to do with it?

41 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Ok, the drive is not locked.  Is this a new hard drive you are trying to prepare for installation in an Xbox?

What are you wanting to do with it?

Everything i wanted to do is completed with fatxplorer software, as stated before. Question is why hdmaker won't detect this usb adapter. Got myself 1TB drive, and wanted to migrate from 500GB to 1TB.

Cool stuff with fatxplorer, very easy, all tools are there, from locking to file preload (keeps original time and date, like with robocopy). Just need to have big PC drive, to dump all data from old xbox HDD. I thought 1TB drive will be slow to boot, but it's not, probably people use cheap big capacity SMR drives that are known for slow performance.

Thank you!

1 hour ago, prtscn said:

Everything i wanted to do is completed with fatxplorer software, as stated before. Question is why hdmaker won't detect this usb adapter. Got myself 1TB drive, and wanted to migrate from 500GB to 1TB.

Cool stuff with fatxplorer, very easy, all tools are there, from locking to file preload (keeps original time and date, like with robocopy). Just need to have big PC drive, to dump all data from old xbox HDD. I thought 1TB drive will be slow to boot, but it's not, probably people use cheap big capacity SMR drives that are known for slow performance.

Thank you!

The Beta 4 of XboxHDM should find that hard drive with that adapter.  The batch file has a check to see if it needs to use the

• -d sat 

option or not when running smartctl.exe.