Sign in to follow this  
cOrPsE

Hexen Will Not Load No Matter What

So I have been helping a friend fix his xbox. We got the xbox flashed and modchip working good thanks to someone making a custom flashbios to support that chip. Whats so weird is Hexen will not load no  matter what. From the HDD or the Disk drive. The xbox reads burnt disks of the same disk type/brand. Samsung drive. Right now, if you hit the eject button, the xbox boots modchip bios (evo m8 67). The xbox is a 1.1. On the non-modchip mode which is active when you power on the xbox normally, flashbios reads something weird "MODCHIP but retail bios 4817". Also doesnt seem to be able to be flashed. Never know though. The modchip is a AppleX-III so it only supports 1 256k bios. So I think when its off, it reads bios from TSOP but is in passive mode or something? Anyway its annoying. As I said burnt games work, regular games work(on both bios), and hexen reads in a different xbox. The xbox is PAL converted to NTSC but so is the xbox we tested the disk on.

"stock" bios

Please login or register to see this link.

Edited by cOrPsE

HeXEn should always boot from the HDD. You have to launch it from root.xbe though, not default.xbe.

When it comes to DVD drives though, some can have trouble launching HeXEn, even if they work fine otherwise. Nothing you can do about it.

1 hour ago, Forlorn Penguin said:

HeXEn should always boot from the HDD. You have to launch it from root.xbe though, not default.xbe.

When it comes to DVD drives though, some can have trouble launching HeXEn, even if they work fine otherwise. Nothing you can do about it.

Would Hexen crash/not load if i didnt recognize a bios or chip? I will try launching from root.xbe though thanks!

29 minutes ago, cOrPsE said:

Would Hexen crash/not load if i didnt recognize a bios or chip?

The only reasons a BIOS should fail to boot HeXEn is if it's a stock Xbox, or a softmodded Xbox with a fucked up softmod. And that wouldn't even have anything to do with HeXEn, it would just be because a stock Xbox can't boot burned media.

The issue has to be the DVD drive.

2 hours ago, Forlorn Penguin said:

The only reasons a BIOS should fail to boot HeXEn is if it's a stock Xbox, or a softmodded Xbox with a fucked up softmod. And that wouldn't even have anything to do with HeXEn, it would just be because a stock Xbox can't boot burned media.

The issue has to be the DVD drive.

So it doesnt load from even modchip mode. EvoX m8plus 67 bios. The dash is directed to E:\UnleashX\default.xbe on the bios. Loads other burnt games, and regular games. However hexen does what ive explained. With the chip off, the bios comes up as what it shows in the first post. The significance is that it shows retail bios but modchip? Weird. We tried 2 diff drives but one is very fucked up.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Board Life Status

Board startup date: April 23, 2017 12:45:48
  • Similar Content

• By Magicaldave
      Hey guys, I picked up one of N64Freak’s boxes a couple months back and will soon be getting all my hardware going again. 
      I’m curious what you all were suggesting I do with it!
      A couple things I know I want to look into:
      PSX/N64 emulation sound enticing, as I’ve had some issues with this on stock systems. 
      Trying to get it to start up as fast as possible via configuration injection is another goal, but I need to get this working on one of my stock machines first and after spending too long on it I nuked the system on accident, I think by flashing a bfm BIOS where I should’ve done a normal one. 
      I also wanna overclock this bad boy and see how far it will go. But it needs better cooling to even attempt that, and of course I need to do this on a stock console properly before I fiddle around with it on here. 
      Thanks for your ideas, guys!
    • By Magicaldave
      Hey guys!

I've got a couple boxes I threw some SSDs into recently and they don't load the dash, but as it says on the tin, only every OTHER time I turn it on.
      Startup works normally up until AFTER the "X" logo. 
      Either the LED will stay solid green, and the screen will just be completely black forever (to be fair, only ever left it for about and hour while I was doing other stuff for giggles) OR the LED goes solid red like I've set it and loads UnleashX A-okay. Things both run like a champ in this state, haven't seen anything unusual, even the temps are great with stock paste.

This happens with:
      - 2 brand new ADATA ASU655SS-480GT-C units, both of which were cloned from an IDE-based box with a 750GB seagate. The system they were cloned from was 1.6, softmodded with SID5, then upgraded to Rocky5. No issues on that console. These drives have NOT been tested in other functional consoles. Yet.
      - Three 80-wire IDE cables, two of which were running active duty in other consoles prior to testing and one of which died for some reason during the test.
      - Four IDE-SATA adapters - an HDE, a Startech IDE2SAT, and 2 Startech IDE2SAT2s (I haven't gone through the trouble of comparing ALL adapter and cable combos but at this point I don't think it matters)
      - A 1.4 and 1.6 version console
      - UnleashX Version 0.39.0528A Build 584, as installed by Rocky5's softmod
      The fact that the LED stays green on the failed boot seems like the system somehow things everything is normal and the SSD has just... stopped? Somewhere? I'm not sure. I think maybe this could be related to the BIOS or DVD drive, as both consoles are only softmodded.
      I plan to TSOP the 1.4 anyway, but I can't TSOP the 1.6 or (easily) remove its DVD drive, which I'm not inclined to do anyway as it works great. Wondering if anyone had some suggestions I perhaps haven't tried yet.

Thanks so much for any and all assistance!
    • By XboxBoyKid
      Hi,

Is using XBMC is the only way to get the box art in the dashboard ?  

Regards,

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.