OGXbox.com

Which mod chip should I get?

VanishedPants

I have been lurking for a while and I am not sure what mod chip to get. I have looked at the spreadsheet and while it shows features of each I am not sure which one I should try and find. I also have been reading where it is hard to find some of these and there are some who are getting clones from Ali express.

goals for my build would be

1. install make mhz hdmi mod
  2. minimum 2TB drive for games
  3. 128MB upgrade

I saw on the make mhz site there is an open xenium mod chip that is back ordered till Octoberish. Is that something people on here would recommend or should I look at something else?

Are certain mod chips better with certain revisions of Xbox?

Are certain other mods(LCD, 1.4Ghz CPU upgrade) better with other mod chips?

• Like 1

I have a few that I'm selling if you want the chip now.. It's Open Xenium like the one on MakeMHZ site.  only thing missing on my chip, is the connector for external things.  Not sure when i'll be getting them.  DigiKey was supposed to have them to me a month ago?  I have 50 coming from China... hopefully in the next weekish.  If you aren't doing anything like wanting external LEDs controlled by the modchip, then it wouldn't matter... you can check the for sale section if you're interested.

The LCD Mod is not something i really want, was trying to see if there were alot of differences in mod chips that work better with certain mods. I had heard about the LCD mod and that was why i was wondering. 

In regards to your other messages I would be interested in the other chips you have coming over. One question i would have about that is will there be the same complications with these chips you are getting from china similar to what i was reading in the mod chip section of this site where the labeling was wrong and flashing to those chips being a pain. This would be my first mod chip installation and i am trying to make sure that i am setting myself up to have a good experience with it.

5 hours ago, Dtomcat18 said:

Just seen you asked about LCD mod...   My Open Xenium wouldn't be for you right now until I get the connector as it would use that connector.

If you are really wanting one now, I can cannibalize a connector off of my Xenium ICE modchip. 

10 hours ago, Acidmank said:

Well, Ultimately what do you want to do with the Old boy.?

If just play classic games then tsop or what ever mod chip is cheapest.

Honestly the only thing i am really looking for is the ability to have a large HDD with Most of the Xbox library(skipping repeat sports titles), the 128MB mod and the HDMI mod. I would really like to have the 1.4Ghz upgrade but i have been reading that is really complicated and i know that i wouldnt have the skill for that.

7 hours ago, coldasijs said:

@VanishedPants You can easily find the makemhz with openxenium on different webshops. Castlemania does not have the XBOX 1.6 version in stock but others do.

I would skip the alladin modchips, the current version on the market cannot be flashed while installed. I don't which other option are still available.

Thank you. I will look around.

I make my modchips. I test each one in an Xbox to ensure it’s working and update it to the latest XeniumOS. Only thing from china is the connector … I guess most microcontrollers and ICs come from china though :)   But the modchips I have, I ordered each component and soldered them myself. 

6 hours ago, VanishedPants said:

In regards to your other messages I would be interested in the other chips you have coming over. One question i would have about that is will there be the same complications with these chips you are getting from china similar to what i was reading in the mod chip section of this site where the labeling was wrong and flashing to those chips being a pain. This would be my first mod chip installation and i am trying to make sure that i am setting myself up to have a good experience with it.

No flashing required.  Mine are ready to install… give it a bios (can be on your pc… just type in your Xbox IP address and point to your bios ) and you’re ready to go. Evox bios can do everything you need.  Use evtools to customize what you need. I’ve never done the 128mb upgrade so not sure what you need to do in bios… but I think evox (m8plus) is the only one that Xboxhd+ supports

6 hours ago, Dtomcat18 said:

No flashing required.  Mine are ready to install… give it a bios (can be on your pc… just type in your Xbox IP address and point to your bios ) and you’re ready to go. Evox bios can do everything you need.  Use evtools to customize what you need. I’ve never done the 128mb upgrade so not sure what you need to do in bios… but I think evox (m8plus) is the only one that Xboxhd+ supports

I would definitely be interested. I have read about titan, Cerbios for larger drives. Does evo x bios have a 2TB limit?