OGXbox.com

new chip and programming the IC controller

Johny white

So I received this in the post today, to me it looks like a re-design of the Aladding XT. 1mb chip with X2 512k bios, xblas & IND 256k bios each. I've seen several posts and links here before to other forums about re-programming the IC on Aladding XT but no exact step by step guide. And recently someone else did it on discord and I reaced out to them but they never shared how they did it.

I got a faulty Aladding XT which was working fine and had the chip on it flashed with Xblast bios for testing while doing ram upgrades until one day it went bad after an attempt and since then it just frags whenever its installed on any board.  I know its not the ST chip as I re-programmed it and tried different ones but it just does the same which could only mean the IC gone bad or curruept on it.

I've got several devices that could program the xsv files format like NAND-X, Glitch360 Spi & Matrix NAND programmer. anyone used or has idea how any of these can be used to program the IC on Aladdin XT or read the IC on this new Jafar chip?

jafar1.jpg

jafar2.jpg

4 hours ago, Johny white said:

I've got several devices that could program the xsv files format like NAND-X, Glitch360 Spi & Matrix NAND programmer. anyone used or has idea how any of these can be used to program the IC on Aladdin XT or read the IC on this new Jafar chip?

edit: Did you build the modchip or was it purchased from Chimeric Systems?  If purchased, its CPLD and flash memory chip should already be programmed.

I don't believe any of these programmers will work will work with the Jafar modchip.  You need a JTAG programmer to write the svf file to the LC4032V CPLD, not an SPI NAND flash programmer used with an Xbox 360.

Kekule's Jafar github.com repository:

ChimericSystems/Jafar: Aladdin chip reimagination (github.com)

If you need  to write a BIOS to an unprogrammed flash memory chip on the modchip, you need a programmer that can flash an LPC flash memory chip or another working modchip then hotswap the Jafar modchip for it.  Use Evoxdash to write a 1MB BIOS file to the Jafar.  

11 hours ago, Johny white said:

I've got a USB lpc flasher which you kindly linked me to before off ebay and that is working well with most of the ST chips I've come across. Can you recommend or link to any JTAG programmers that can do the job of writing svf files or reading of IC?

Thanks

Lattice USB JTAG programmer.