OGXbox.com

Xbox 1.4 - dead ?

John5MM

Hi, I have a problem with starting XBOX. When I press power, nothing happens, only a hissing sound and a "knock" emanating from the console, as if from 
the power supply, (something like the console board wanted to turn on but could not). No picture and no errors led on the console. Please advise what 
can cause this, I will add that the 1.4 board is in very good condition, there are no loose capacitors, the paths are intact and in very good condition.
The power supply is checked and working. I changed the console TSOP, ver ind-bios 5003 and it worked for 2 weeks without any problems. Please help.

• 4 weeks later...

I will not take pictures, but the board is in perfect condition (clock cap is ok), paths also not cracked, capacitors are all working.
The problem is unusual and beyond my abilities. One of my friends ordered a modification of the x 1.4 from me
I made a TSOP, added a larger 250GB disk and an additional 64MB of RAM, everything worked great for me.
Unfortunately, when it happened, he turned on the console, he played a few hours and the console stopped showing signs of life, no reaction
to the switch, sometimes it will click and blink green twice, only alternately green and red (but it is mainly dead to listen to a snap as
if it wanted to start) . He sent it to me and what's interesting, the console fired from the shoe, no delays, no errors, the disk is loaded
 elegantly - then I was a bit stupid. I disassembled the console, checked the power supply, soldered the suspicious February in the
 power supply, on the atx connector in the xbox, in the a / v connector. I also sold additional frames, gave an 80-wire cable,
 an ata-sata adapter, a 500GB sata disk (stuffed games), overall xbox works for 6 hours with copying and nothing crashed (after that, I played
it for a few more hours) and NO problems. I sent it to a friend, and here departure, the console fired once and hung on the ind-bios screen
and so much further it does not get up, and when it gets up, as above, it is green 2 times and flashes red - green color (even without the AV
cable connected - and it should then flash orange). I thought it was the fault of the Hdmi cable, as well as my component component -
but these work without any problems on x 1.6. That's why some kind of massacre works out of my shoe, doesn't it, did anyone have such a
twisted case?

Edited by John5MM

I don't mean to be rude, or mean... But I have no idea what I just read. I'm guessing English isn't your primary language... But you may want to try to proofread/translate this a bit better.

It seems like the Xbox doesn't work for your friend, but does for you. Are you sure that the power at their house is good?

• Haha 1