OGXbox.com

Getting ScummVM roms to show up in XBMC-Emustation

SoftMachine

So far I've tried folders, zip files, raw/loose files in roms/scummvm and emulators/scummvm/roms, and creating .svm files with shortnames in them, no luck though. I'm wondering if anyone else has this working and can offer some guidance here. Loader.xbe in scummvm sees and loads them fine :/

You download the emulator from the downloader. 

unfortunately scummvm emu only allows games in its root, and I can’t change that behaviour as I couldn’t get the source to compile.

But games go in folders inside the scummvm\games\ folder this is included with the emulator on the downloader as I include all the files required. 

now the pain part, you have 2 choices. Rename folders to match the path name in the svms\*.svm files or change the paths to match your folder names.

there is no automated method currently, as I can’t even parse the games folder for matches as some came share the same file names (all files) I may take another stab at it another time, but currently it was easier to do it the way I did.

also to svm files have the config for the scummvm emulator and the game id so it runs. If it doesn’t it will hard lock the Xbox. (Why I created them and uploaded them to the downloader emulator) 

retrozone.co Has the games needed and what I based the folder naming on. 

Edited by Rocky5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Rocky5 said:

unfortunately scummvm emu only allows games in its root, and I can’t change that behaviour as I couldn’t get the source to compile.

Hmm, from the README-XBOX.txt file in the 1.4.1 release of ScummVM for the Xbox, it mentions:

The file xbox.patch is the diff patch against the 1.4.1 branch
https://github.com/scummvm/scummvm.git

However, the release currently available at github.com is 2.5.1 and the repository there doesn't have releases available that go as far back as v1.4.1 (edit: Oh wait, it is there. You have to switch branches from master to branch-1-4-1).  The source code for the older v1.4.1. release of ScummVM is also available at sourceforge.net:

Edit: The v1.4.1 branch is available at github.com:

Next problem, obtain the source code for all of the required libraries to build the emulator.

1 hour ago, KaosEngineer said:

Next problem, obtain the source code for all of the required libraries to build the emulator.

And that’s where I started getting error after error. 

first error is intrin.h, got that then more errors. Comment out that include and then it’s zlib 😂, comment out that check and the. It’s more errors. I gave up and just worked around the issue 😂

Edited by Rocky5
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2022 at 12:03 PM, Rocky5 said:

You download the emulator from the downloader. 

But games go in folders inside the scummvm\games\ folder this is included with the emulator on the downloader as I include all the files required. 

now the pain part, you have 2 choices. Rename folders to match the path name in the svms\*.svm files or change the paths to match your folder names.

there is no automated method currently, as I can’t even parse the games folder for matches as some came share the same file names (all files) I may take another stab at it another time, but currently it was easier to do it the way I did.

also to svm files have the config for the scummvm emulator and the game id so it runs. If it doesn’t it will hard lock the Xbox. (Why I created them and uploaded them to the downloader emulator) 

retrozone.co Has the games needed and what I based the folder naming on. 

Forgot to reply to this, that rom set cleared up all my issues, thanks a lot. I had games in the wrong place as you said and the svms I made didn't have the right configs for this, all good now. 

• Like 1