OGXbox.com

v1.6 Mod - Booting to original xbox dashboard

PolzyFTW

I purchased an original xbox with a v1.6 mod, a 1TB SATA HDD, and it booted into XBMC4Gamers and was working fine. Unfortunately my daughter managed to get the controller, press some buttons (saw it scanning for dashboards), and then cancelled it. I wasn't sure what she had done so I turned the console off/on and now it boots back to the original Xbox dashboard.

How can I get it to boot back in to XBMC4Gamers? It apparently also has XBMC Origins, MS dash, EvoX and UnleashedX installed too.

I've searched various forums and found different solutions (either FTP) or using TruHeXEn? I don't want to lose the customisation that was previously done on the console (which included emulators, cover art, etc.). Given all of the hard work had been done (just need the correct dash) is there a simple solution anyone can suggest please?

Thanks in advance

The question is whether it is hard or softmodded? Is there any difference in what happens at boot if you use the Eject/Close button rather than the smaller Power button.

Can you cold boot an installer disc (DVD-R/ImgBurn) or still have FTP access?

If softmodded any idea using what tools? With Xbox4Gamers it might have been done using Rocky5's XBSMT which might give you some other recovery options.

Even if not done with that if the original softmod game saves are still present (check your game saves to see) and you have a copy of the exploitable game used that will give you FTP and/or file manager access which should help getting this fixed.

From the description about how the problem occurred I'd guess at it not being a protected softmod as it would have been difficult for fiddle paws to have broken it like this. The protection would have had to have been turned off first before messing with the file/folder contents via the file manager afterwards.

For that reason and other evidence ie. the MS dash is still booting, I'm hoping it may be a chipped machine, in which case there are more fix options. But if it was an unprotected softmod: to still have the MS dash booting OK the softmod is likely gone.

Edited by HDShadow
More thoughts

@PolzyFTW first of all, don’t worry!

Your games and emulators should still be on the XBOX, might be that the xbmc4gamers dashboard got removed.

Do you boot from the modchip? 1.6 xbox uses a modchip, typically pushing power button boots the alternate dashboard and eject button the default dashboard (or other way around). So that would be the first check. 

If it still boots to original dash, just install your preferred dash back with ogxbox installer or hexen. Download linkscsn be found on this site. Burn the img to a DVD r using imgburn. I’m not familiar with hexen, but ogxbox installer is pretty self explanatory. 

Thanks everyone, the eBay advert said that it had been hard modded with v1.6 - but didn't actually say what type of chip was used. When I've got some time i'll open it up and have a look. The seller got back to me in the end and said that by holding the left and right triggers during boot it would display a setup menu where I could scan the hdd partitions for all of the dashboards and then select which one I wanted. So...I gave that a try and was able to reselect XBMC4Gamers as the dashboard. Everything then booted up as normal with all of the games and emulators working as normal. I'll have to give the power/eject option a go too just so I know that option for next time!   

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PolzyFTW said:

The seller got back to me in the end and said that by holding the left and right triggers during boot it would display a setup menu where I could scan the hdd partitions for all of the dashboards and then select which one I wanted.

What application started when you held both triggers?