OGXbox.com

Building these two beauties

Donnie-Burger

39 minutes ago, Bowlsnapper said:

Where did you get the controller and console-top stickers? Interesting.

Seller on etsy has them all.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/959450643/original-xbox-replacement-jewel?ref=yr_purchases

https://www.etsy.com/listing/959451927/original-xbox-replacement-controller?ref=yr_purchases

Edited by Donnie-Burger

2 hours ago, nikeymikey said:

Still not supporting any other bios tho, thats a major flaw in the Make Mhz mod imo. 

Wouldn’t it be the other way around tho?  Other bios don’t support HDMI

I’d rather have the native HDMI running perfectly than be upset I can’t use another bios that would only offer me a few small features. 

56 minutes ago, MadMartigan said:

Wouldn’t it be the other way around tho?  Other bios don’t support HDMI

I’d rather have the native HDMI running perfectly than be upset I can’t use another bios that would only offer me a few small features. 

No, all bioses are basically able to support it if they have the patches written but the guy who makes the HDMI mod has flat out refused to support any other bios then M8. He wrote the patches for that bios and that bios only. So don't keep your hopes up to ever be able to use Cerbios with your HDMI mod. 

I'm keeping my powder dry on ordering a hdmi mod until Black Dog reveal something.... Going on their Wii/GC, Dreamcast, PS1 and N64 hdmi mods they will be a lot less restricted and generally better all round. Speculation right now I know but id rather wait and see myself. Besides I have had HDMI out on one of my Xbox for about the last 3 years anyway, I have an N64Freak modded motherboard. Yes its not a true digital to digital mod but the picture is pretty enough on my 60" 4k LG so I'm not that fussed if they don't announce anything for ages. :)

So if I understand it right, I have to say that the up patched EvoX is the way to go.

And maybe Rocky is willing (able) to create something to make ISO's easy bootable with any dash or to support at least UnleashX. The 128MB works for his EvoX XISO BFM Bios (And also for the OGXBox Installer EvoX bios). Tomorrow I try out if the TITAN patch will work with both of the BFM bioses.

Bottom line is, there is no need for the cerbios if they are not willing to add support for what ever reason.

Side note from my point of view: All this I add this but will not support that and so on reminds me of all the linux versions. I'm pretty sure we could have one perfect bios if the talented coders out there would pull on the same side of the rope - together. But thats only my unpopular opinion.  As a user though I'm greatful for all the work they are still willing to do to keep the XBox alive.

PEACE!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

So if I understand it right, I have to say that the up patched EvoX is the way to go.

And maybe Rocky is willing (able) to create something to make ISO's easy bootable with any dash or to support at least UnleashX. The 128MB works for his EvoX XISO BFM Bios (And also for the OGXBox Installer EvoX bios). Tomorrow I try out if the TITAN patch will work with both of the BFM bioses.

Bottom line is, there is no need for the cerbios if they are not willing to add support for what ever reason.

Side note from my point of view: All this I add this but will not support that and so on reminds me of all the linux versions. I'm pretty sure we could have one perfect bios if the talented coders out there would pull on the same side of the rope - together. But thats only my unpopular opinion.  As a user though I'm greatful for all the work they are still willing to do to keep the XBox alive.

PEACE!

I agree. I think with the scene as thin as it is now, we should be trying to pool our efforts together and coordinate them as much as possible. Hell, unity is something the whole WORLD could use right now. 

Was any reason given for not supporting any other BIOS?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

PEACE!

You can already use the CDROM modchip BIOS patcher/dashboard chainloader app to support XISO mounting using the NKPatcher driveimageutils' attach app.  The same app that you have to use with CerBIOS to mount an XISO disc image.  However, you don't have use the CDROM modchip app to patch the BIOS since CerBIOS already includes the XISO disc image patches.

The CDROM modchip app patches the following kernel versions:

• 3944 - original Xbox BIOS
  • 4034 - original Xbox BIOS
  • 4817 - original Xbox BIOS
  • 4981 - X2 4981
  • 5003 - ind-bios 5003
  • 5035 - X2 5035
  • 5101 - original Xbox BIOS
  • 5530 - original Xbox BIOS
  • 5713 - original Xbox BIOS
  • 5838 - original Xbox BIOS, Evox M8 and M8plus

Edit: Since this is to be a modchip mounting patch, to me anyway, all of the original BIOSes should have been removed. 

When booting an original BIOS from a modchip, the console would have to be softmodded to operate in a modded state and a softmod based on NKPatcher will already have the hooks added for the BIOS to mount a disc image with the NKPatcher driveimageutils' attach app.

• Like 1