OGXbox.com

Why does the HD AV pack usually cost so much?

1 hour ago, lopenator said:

they're probably poorly made and not shielded properly 

That has been my own and friends experiences with the aftermarket type. As I mentioned earlier they tend to be hit or miss (more heavy on the miss side lol). Though I’d suspect even the 3rd party ones that seem to work semi well probably still have less shielding on them than what we’d all prefer. If it was someone that used the og Xbox once every so often it would probably be passable. Once to a few times a week or heavy user would probably notice real quick. IMO. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bowlsnapper said:

I bought a pair of those and while they work they aren't the greatest.  The wii2hdmi soldered directly to the motherboard gives a better quality picture in my experience.  I've also in the past made a modded 360 cable that provided a better picture then the cheap ones do.

On 9/25/2023 at 4:02 PM, lopenator said:

they're probably poorly made and not shielded properly 

I've yet to encounter new aftermarket Xbox component cables that are good quality. All the cheap ones I've tried usually have some kind of issue, often fuzzy lines in video signal or something. Hoping that won't always be the case. Seems like an opportunity for a company to make some money since OEM cables are often hard to come by at a decent price, and not everyone is willing to make their own modded cable.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, GoTeamScotch said:

I've yet to encounter new aftermarket Xbox component cables that are good quality. All the cheap ones I've tried usually have some kind of issue, often fuzzy lines in video signal or something. Hoping that won't always be the case. Seems like an opportunity for a company to make some money since OEM cables are often hard to come by at a decent price, and not everyone is willing to make their own modded cable.

Yeah you’d think there would definitely be a market for a higher quality aftermarket cable. Maybe one day a company will make one. Even if they just wanted to make a quality clone of the old HD AV pack. 

1 minute ago, FrostyMaGee said:

Yeah you’d think there would definitely be a market for a higher quality aftermarket cable.

No one is going to make a high-ticket aftermarket accessory for a gaming console that has been out of production for over a decade and a half.

That's not how "economies of scale" operate.

Just now, Marty said:

No one is going to make a high-ticket aftermarket accessory for a gaming console that has been out of production for over a decade and a half.

That's not how "economies of scale" operate.

Very true. Just wishful thinking. Lol. Did anyone ever make one outside of Microsoft? I honestly don’t remember. I never saw one but that doesn’t preclude it from existing.