OGXbox.com

[FIXED] 128MB RAM upgrade on a 1.1 - No signal, solid green light? (Oops?)

FluxedOut

Hi folks, first time listener, first time caller.

I recently inherited a 1.1 console and am going through the motions of getting it rounded out and looking pretty. I went ahead and did the Rocky softmod, and today I successfully converted it over to a 2TB 2.5" WD drive. No issues. I have the MakeMHZ XboxHD+ kit coming tomorrow along with modchip, so I figured I'd go ahead and get this 128MB upgrade knocked out.

I'm not a novice solder head by any means, I do a lot of work with my station on a fairly regular basis. I installed all four RAM chips and went to test, got the crappy flashing lights and forced a boot into dash anyway. 2 of the RAM chips didn't pass. No big deal, powered the console off and went back to work.

Once I was satisfied with my handiwork (reflowing, checking for bridging, etc) I put everything back together. Now I get no flubber startup, no audio, nothing. The light on the XBOX is solid green and shows no errors. I can't FTP into the XBOX either. Drive eject works fine, the NIC light is flashing in the back when cabled. I've tried the llamma coma tech as well (both sides) and that doesn't seem to force boot the system either.

What should I do here?

Edited by FluxedOut
details

• KaosEngineer changed the title to [FIXED] 128MB RAM upgrade on a 1.1 - No signal, solid green light? (Oops?)
  • KaosEngineer locked this topic