OGXbox.com

Hellow OG Xbox community, creating this topic as a place to discuss installation, operation and modding of an Xecuter 3 CE Red-backed modchip with LCD, for help and questions, I am in no way an expert, but a very knowledgeable technician who is interested in helping others to use, repair or mod their systems. Lets share knowledge!!

x3ce bottom.jpeg

x3ce top.jpeg

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
9 hours ago, george4541 said:

Thanks for your offer to help. I have an xbox version 1.6 that was modded several years ago and has been in storage. Now it wont boot up evox and the lights on the external switch do not nome on. The only light on the chip that's on is the blue light. Any thoughts?

If it's a pinheader install I'd first check it's seated properly. I have one in a 1.6 and it tends to tip towards the gpu if I'm not gentle with the xbox. Also do all usual checks connection wise 

Thanks for the reply. I noticed that, and tried to boot up without installing the drives, and same issue. Even with it straight and fully seated, does not launch evox or have a light on the switch. I've tried resoldering the connections, and same issue. Is there a certain connection or voltage i should be looking for in the pins?

IMG_6510.JPG

• Like 1

There's no LED lit for the 3.3 supply voltage.  As well, there should be a couple more LEDs lit. One to indicate flash protection on or off and when the modchip is enabled/disabled (this one's on the front panel switchboard though which is not getting power).

x3ce.pdf X3CE Installation tutorial v1.0-1.6

See page 13 of 18

Update: I thought there were more LEDs opposite the 3.3 and 5V supply indicators.  But, that's the Xapter solderless adapter's blue LEDs in the picture on page 13.

I know. thats why I went back to recheck and redo all of the solder joints. Installation was complete and working before the unit was put away for several years. Going to check the voltage at the back of the mod chip on the pin header conections to see if its seing the 3.3 v. I guess that should be pins 9 and 15 according to the instructions

• 2 weeks later...

I’m my case, was a bad solder joint. Fixed it on the third time flowing out the solder. Not sure why after 5 years of storage it would have gone bad. While I was in mourning for it before getting it fixed, I found another used Xbox online with an xecuter chip, hard drive loaded with over 3 games, and 4 controllers for $70. Will take delivery tonight and hope all is well with this unit.  

• 1 month later...