OGXbox.com

2tb Sata Install Problems

dayv25

I am using a generic IDE to SATA( I have had it forever- cant find any identifiers) & a WD black 2tb. I am getting super slow boot times & random partition corruptions. I have followed the tutorials as far a using xbpart 1.0 to make a 230mb partition, then 1.1 to make it 927.78 w 64k clusters. I feel that I am doing it all right, but G never shows up & F is never the right size in other apps (eolution x - unleash x - XBMC) Also sometimes C or E will just end up 0mb after a reboot. Just gone. I am also getting super slow boot times & am running Yoshihiro-m8-1.6B-Memory-Fixe-Beta4.bin for a bios flashed into the main bank. Any Ideas?

Have you tried an 80-wire 40-pin IDE cable instead of the Xbox's stock 40-wire/pin cable? 

Seems most IDE-to-SATA adapters negotiate a higher transfer rate which exceeds the 33MB/s speed it supports

.Use XBPartitioner v1.3, no need to make a small partition then change to a different XBPartitioner version to set the larger partition size.

V1.3 supports 64KB clusters for up to 1TB (927.78GB) partitions you'll need to install a 2TB HDD.

BIOS

Use one of the latest versions released.  There are several:

• Evolution-x M8plus (256KB)
  • X2 5035 (512KB), or
  • X2 4983.67 (256KB)
  • iND-BiOS 5003.67 (256KB), or
  • iND-BiOS Beta Feb-11-05 (256KB) (aka, 5004.67)

Which version Xbox?  I'm guessing a 1.6 with the BIOS you were using.  Use M8plus as it supports v1.6 Xboxes.

Edited by KaosEngineer
  • Like 1

I think the Yoshihiro BIOS is a fixed M8 for 1.6B, not Evox M8plus. The M8plus release has a v1.0-1.5 and v1.6 compatible dot bin file to flash according to which version console you are modding. 

I'm not sure what LBA48 configuration Yoshihiro's M8 BIOS supports.

• F takes the rest
  • F up to 137GB and G the rest
  • if present, uses the custom partition table written to the HDD by XBPartitioner v1.3 instead

The G drive has to be enabled in UnleashX before it will show up.

Edited by KaosEngineer