OGXbox.com

Trying to flash 1.1 Tsop

billybob2010

Hi

I have been trying this for a few days and nothing. I used to have a softmod, but wish to install cerbios to my TSOP. I put in a new 3tb drive that i set up with fatxplorer.

I installed the bootanimations folder to c drive, placed the cerbios.ini on the c drive also, and placed the bios in a folder named Bios on c.

I loaded the hexen disc and bios checker they still work fine. I have an ST chip, and joined the connections fine, as I used to run the softmod and hexen still loads.

If I use XblastOS (tried from hard drive and from some Xbox flash programs that run off disc) to flash, if I pick net flash I upload the bios and it does nothing on the xbox. I tried a 256k, 512 and 1mb version of cerbios. If i put the files on the drive and select HDD it finds the bios, I get a message about holding LT+RT+START+WHITE to start the process, is not easy but when it works it just goes back to the bios select screen.

If I try gentoox from any loader disc, the program loads but then come up about invalid boot disc and shuts the xbox down. I have not found a gentoox to run from hdd yet.

I have tried a few times now and nothing, was able to install some dashboards, but just having trouble flashing the tsop. 

I can not find an OpenXemium to buy that is not used or expensive, and all the aladin ones seem to be unflashable now.

Anybody got any ideas of what I may be doing wriong, or suggest a dashboard I may be able to flash cerbios to the tsop, current cerbios is 2.0.2.

Thanks for any assidtance you may be able to offer.

Use Evoxdash +3935 to flash the TSOP.

Create a BIOS subfolder where it's default.xbe file is installed (e.g., E:\Apps\Evoxdash\BIOS fi Evoxdash is installed at E:\Apps\Evoxdash\default.xbe).

Use its System Utils > Flash BIOS menu option to select CerBIOS's dot bin file in that folder.

If you use Gentoox Loader to flash the TSOP on your v1.1 Xbox, make sure you use a 1MB (file created with 4x copies of the CerBIOS's 256KB dot bin) file.  Gentoox does NOT resize the BIOS to fit the flash memory chip as does Evoxdash or XBlastOS.

• Like 1

thanks for the replies, but do not think it matters now. turned out I had not done the point underneath, so I did that, the xbox started fine, I Loaded Xblast OS, chose net flash, choose the bios clicked upload. The xbox turned off, and now it just starts and turns off 3 times, and then just flashes red/green. I tried unplugging everything and removing the solder, there was no brideging. However now it will just not start so think it died. 

6 hours ago, billybob2010 said:

thanks for the replies, but do not think it matters now. turned out I had not done the point underneath, so I did that, the xbox started fine, I Loaded Xblast OS, chose net flash, choose the bios clicked upload. The xbox turned off, and now it just starts and turns off 3 times, and then just flashes red/green. I tried unplugging everything and removing the solder, there was no brideging. However now it will just not start so think it died. 

Did you have a replacement dashboard installed at one of the locations that CerBIOS looks for one?

CertBIOS boot order list from cerbios.ini:

• DashPath1 = \Device\Harddisk0\Partition2\evoxdash.xbe (aka C:\evoxdash.xbe)
  • DashPath2 = \Device\Harddisk0\Partition2\avalaunch.xbe (aka C:\avalaunch.xbe)
  • DashPath3 = \Device\Harddisk0\Partition2\nexgen.xbe (aka C:\nexgen.xbe)

FYI: Gentoox Loader 6.07 can be downloaded from sourceforge.net:

Loader.xbe in the tbz2 archive there.

7 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Did you 

Did you have a replacement dashboard installed at one of the locations that CerBIOS looks for one?

CertBIOS boot order list from cerbios.ini:

• DashPath1 = \Device\Harddisk0\Partition2\evoxdash.xbe (aka C:\evoxdash.xbe)
  • DashPath2 = \Device\Harddisk0\Partition2\avalaunch.xbe (aka C:\avalaunch.xbe)
  • DashPath3 = \Device\Harddisk0\Partition2\nexgen.xbe (aka C:\nexgen.xbe)

FYI: Gentoox Loader 6.07 can be downloaded from sourceforge.net:

Loader.xbe in the tbz2 archive there.

The only thing I had installed on the xbox was XBMC4Gamers dashboard.

6 hours ago, billybob2010 said:

The only thing I had installed on the xbox was XBMC4Gamers dashboard.

Most likely the reason the BIOS FRAGs, it does not find a dashboard to run.

Boot an installer disc such as OGXbox Installer 2021 v1.5.4 burned to DVD-R media.

Use its File Explorer/Manager to obtain a list of files on the C drive.  Which dot xbe files are present on C?

10 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Most likely the reason the BIOS FRAGs, it does not find a dashboard to run.

Boot an installer disc such as OGXbox Installer 2021 v1.5.4 burned to DVD-R media.

Use its File Explorer/Manager to obtain a list of files on the C drive.  Which dot xbe files are present on C?

The problem is it will not start at all now. Just on/off 3 times and flashes red/green.

If the flashing messed up, you have a few options:  unsolder the TSOP from the motherboard and reflash it using an external programmer then solder it back onto the motherboard or install a modchip.

Did XBlastOS XBE edition show that it erased the chip and flashed the BIOS? 

Another option to try would be to force the console to boot from the first 256KB of the 1MB TSOP on the v1.1 Xbox.

Follow the instructions in this tutorial:

4 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

If the flashing messed up, you have a few options:  unsolder the TSOP from the motherboard and reflash it using an external programmer then solder it back onto the motherboard or install a modchip.

Did XBlastOS XBE edition show that it erased the chip and flashed the BIOS? 

Another option to try would be to force the console to boot from the first 256KB of the 1MB TSOP on the v1.1 Xbox.

I tried to flash with Xblast OS Net Flash, as soon as I click upload to console that was when it shut down, I accidently picked the 256k version, instead of the 1mb.

1 hour ago, billybob2010 said:

I tried to flash with Xblast OS Net Flash, as soon as I click upload to console that was when it shut down, I accidently picked the 256k version, instead of the 1mb.

Xblast OS resizes the BIOS to fit the flash memory chip.  It should work using either the 256KB or 1MB file even the 512KB file.  The BIOS itself is 256KB in size and the larger files are simply multiple copies of the BIOS concatenated together one after the other.  

512KB = 2 * 256KB BIOS

1024KB = 4 * 256KB BIOS

Gentoox Loader does not resize so if you use it you have to make sure the dot bin file is the size of the flash.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/30/2022 at 8:00 AM, billybob2010 said:

I could never get gentoox to load off the disc, I will try and reprogram the TSOP, and specific programmer I should use?

I would try the Coma console fix that Kaos linked above. IF it works then you saved some $$$ on a programmer. I've used that method before to rescue a couple of badly flashed xbox's.

• 9 months later...
On 5/30/2022 at 1:38 AM, KaosEngineer said:

Jumping on this post as I have just rescued a bad flash 1.1 (exactly same prob as above, flashed with 256k cerbios) by attaching the 2 jumper wires (a18 & a19) to the resistor shown, so my question is now is can I flash a 1mb cerbios file or do these jumper wires now have to stay there and I just continue using like that?

Use it as is or attach longer wires to the A18 and A19 pads so they can be grounded (touched to the metal RF shielding) to boot then disconnected them from ground to reflash the entire 1MB TSOP.  Most all of the flashing software will write 4 copies of a 256KB BIOS's dot bin file to fill the entire 1MB TSOP of a v1.1 Xbox. 

Gentoox Loader is one of the only flashing apps that I know that only writes 1 copy of the dot bin file to the TSOP.  So, if using Gentoox Loader reflash a 1MB TSOP, you will need a 1MB CerBIOS dot bin file which is actually 4 copies of the 256KB CerBIOS written one after the other to create the 1MB dot bin file.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/10/2023 at 8:10 PM, bolofski said:

worked a treat, shorted the points to the chassis, booted ogxbox disk then used xblast to flash instead of gentoox, thanks for the advice :)

Nice, I've done this a few times in the past. Had a couple of consoles that just didn't want to play ball with it tho. They are on the "see me later" pile lol