OGXbox.com

Unleash X Boot Up Is Slow

Anarchy42085

• 4 months later...

Suggestions off the top of my head:

1) Use an SSD- this makes the whole boot process much quicker no matter how many games you load (not practical if you really need 2TB,  too expensive at this time, I use a 480GB SSD). Obvious and overkill.

2) When uploading via FTP, ensure you upload *one file at a time*. This can easily be set in Filezilla and helps reduce filesystem fragmentation. There are no known FATX defragmentation tools at this time so prevention is easier than cure. If you have been uploading multiple files at once, I would suggest to reformat and retransfer.

3) Use a patched version of UnleashX that does not search for and extract all the game icons on every boot (instead it is extracted when a game is first launched). Rocky5's softmod disc has this, you can download the part with the patched UnleashX here: https://github.com/Rocky5/Xbox-Softmodding-Tool/raw/master/Extras Disc/Dashboards/UnleashX.zip . This probably has negligible effect, since it still needs to search for the title in each XBE, but it might help.

• 2 months later...