OGXbox.com

Blinx 2 Black Screen On The HDD

2number9s

I have a bunch of games installed on my hardmodded (TSOP) Xbox and they all work fine except for Blinx 2. I'm using XMBC4Gamers and the Xecuter 5035 BIOS.

Everytime I try to load Blinx 2 it just displays a black screen and softlocks, nothing shows up, not even the intro. IGR also stops working so I have to press the power button. I know my dump is correct so I am a little confused.

I have had this problem before with 2 games. One was Animaniacs but swapping out the XBE with the European version fixed it. The other game was a PAL exclusive, SCAR: Squadra Corse Alfa Romeo, I simply changed the mode to PAL 50Hz and it works. Blinx 2 only had a global release so I can't swap XBEs and running it at 50Hz doesn't fix it. I also tried different resolutions between 480i, 480p, 720p but the results were the same. As a last resort, I tried looking it up but apparently I'm the only one with problems running this game so I don't know what else to do other than ask here.

12 hours ago, 2number9s said:

I have a bunch of games installed on my hardmodded (TSOP) Xbox and they all work fine except for Blinx 2. I'm using XMBC4Gamers and the Xecuter 5035 BIOS.

Everytime I try to load Blinx 2 it just displays a black screen and softlocks, nothing shows up, not even the intro. IGR also stops working so I have to press the power button. I know my dump is correct so I am a little confused.

I have had this problem before with 2 games. One was Animaniacs but swapping out the XBE with the European version fixed it. The other game was a PAL exclusive, SCAR: Squadra Corse Alfa Romeo, I simply changed the mode to PAL 50Hz and it works. Blinx 2 only had a global release so I can't swap XBEs and running it at 50Hz doesn't fix it. I also tried different resolutions between 480i, 480p, 720p but the results were the same. As a last resort, I tried looking it up but apparently I'm the only one with problems running this game so I don't know what else to do other than ask here.

Try using a different BIOS.  One game that I've seen that does the same thing with X2 and X3 BIOSes is "Animaniacs."

Source: X2/X3 BIOSes won't load some games?! (others do) - XBMC4Xbox

4 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Try using a different BIOS.  One game that I've seen that does the same thing with X2 and X3 BIOSes is "Animaniacs."

Source: X2/X3 BIOSes won't load some games?! (others do) - XBMC4Xbox

How do I change BIOS safely without bricking my console? Can I use XBlast or do I have to FTP a Hexen backup to my HDD?

I bought my console already pre modded so I'm not familiar with the steps.

Edited by 2number9s
Extra Info

4 hours ago, 2number9s said:

How do I change BIOS safely without bricking my console? Can I use XBlast or do I have to FTP a Hexen backup to my HDD?

I bought my console already pre modded so I'm not familiar with the steps.

FIrst, what is the path of XBMC's default.xbe file - where is it stored on the hard drive?

Next, download the E:\x2config.ini file then attach it to a reply so I can see the boot order list configuraton for your BIOS.

One last thing for now, take a screenshot of the directory listing in the FTP that shows directory listing with file sizes of the files in the root folder of the C and E drives and post it in the reply too. 

3 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

FIrst, what is the path of XBMC's default.xbe file - where is it stored on the hard drive?

Next, download the E:\x2config.ini file then attach it to a reply so I can see the boot order list configuraton for your BIOS.

One last thing for now, take a screenshot of the directory listing in the FTP that shows directory listing with file sizes of the files in the root folder of the C and E drives and post it in the reply too. 

E:\Apps\XMBC4Gamers\ or if you mean just XMBC, it's E:\Apps\XMBC

There is also an XMBC on E:\safeApps\XMBC and an XMBC4Gamers on E:\safeApps2\XMBC4Gamers (I think these are backups)

c.png

e.png

x2config.ini

14 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

From the x2config.ini file, I see that C:evoxdash.xbe is the first item in the BIOSes boot order list.  This file exists on the C drive and being 60KB in size is an XBE shortcut to another application that it runs. Please, attach the C:evoxdash.xbe file to a reply.

So, I checked the wiki and I do have those folders and the files inside. For some reason, the previous owner made duplicates onto C:\

In my snapshot, I was only showing the files on the root and not the folders since you wanted to see the size.

evoxdash.xbe

Edited by 2number9s
More Info

6 hours ago, 2number9s said:

So, I checked the wiki and I do have those folders and the files inside. For some reason, the previous owner made duplicates onto C:\

In my snapshot, I was only showing the files on the root and not the folders since you wanted to see the size.

evoxdash.xbe 60 kB · 0 downloads

hmm, this shortcut file is a made with a different tool than what I'm used to.  The XBE Shortcut Maker v2.0 creates a 64KB file while this one is only 60KBs.  Attach the other evoxdash.??? files that are in the root directory of the C drive.

It does show that it's to load XBMC4Gamers; however, I don't see the full or device path to the default.xbe file inside this 60KB shortcut file.

Edit: Oops, I found it:

• e:\apps\XBMC4Gamers\default.xbe

It would still be nice to have the other evoxdash.??? named files to see what they contain.  Thanks.

Edit 2: Ah ha, from what I've determined this shortcut file, 60 KBs in size, was created with XBE Shortcut Maker v1.0.  v1.0 requires an old unsupported on Windows 10 version of .NET Framework to be installed for it to run.  I don't use the v1.0 version on Windows 10 for that reason but I do use the v2.0 release. XBE Shortcut Maker v2.0 does not require .NET Framework to run.  Shortcut files created with it are 64 KBs in size instead of 60 KBs.

4 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

hmm, this shortcut file is a made with a different tool than what I'm used to.  The XBE Shortcut Maker v2.0 creates a 64KB file while this one is only 60KBs.  Attach the other evoxdash.??? files that are in the root directory of the C drive.

It does show that it's to load XBMC4Gamers; however, I don't see the full or device path to the default.xbe file inside this 60KB shortcut file.

Other than the XBE, this is it on the C drive.

evoxdash.cfg evoxdash.gam evoxdash.log

5 hours ago, 2number9s said:

Other than the XBE, this is it on the C drive.

Thanks.  evoxdash.xbe and evoxdash.gam contain the same content.  

The x2 5035 BIOS's configuration file is set to load C:\evoxdash.xbe first which then loads E:\apps\XBMC4Gamers\default.xbe

to start XBMC4Gamers as the default replacement dashboard.

I suggest reflashing your TSOP for testing Blinx 2's blank screen problem with iND-BiOS.5003.67.bin from the following archive:

IND-BIOS 5003 Shutdown+Ram Patched+XBL Enabled.zip - Google Drive

If the Google Drive link doesn't allow you to download the file, let me know and I'll place it in another bitlocker site for you to download it.

Create a BIOS subfolder on the C drive and upload it there. Run the XBlastOS.xbe file and use its HDD flash option to update the BIOS on your TSOP.

31 minutes ago, KaosEngineer said:

Thanks.  evoxdash.xbe and evoxdash.gam contain the same content.  

The x2 5035 BIOS's configuration file is set to load C:\evoxdash.xbe first and if present it loads E:\apps\XBMC4Gamers\default.xbe

to start XBMC4Gamers as the default replacement dashboard.

I suggest reflashing your TSOP for testing Blinx 2's blank screen problem with iND-BiOS.5003.67.bin from the following archive:

IND-BIOS 5003 Shutdown+Ram Patched+XBL Enabled.zip - Google Drive

If the Google Drive link doesn't allow you to download the file, let me know and I'll place it in another bitlocker site for you to download it.

Create a BIOS subfolder on the C drive and upload it there. Run the XBlastOS.xbe file and use its HDD flash option to update the BIOS on your TSOP.

Uhh... so it flashed and now it's broken. It shows the iND white screen but the LED blinks and it goes into a black screen just to show the white intro screen... in an infinite loop so I cannot access the console now it seems.

38 minutes ago, 2number9s said:

Uhh... so it flashed and now it's broken. It shows the iND white screen but the LED blinks and it goes into a black screen just to show the white intro screen... in an infinite loop so I cannot access the console now it seems.

Do you know if the hard drive was locked or unlocked?

What color(s) is/are the Eject ring flashing?

1 minute ago, KaosEngineer said:

Do you know if the hard drive was locked or unlocked?

What color(s) is/are the Eject ring flashing?

It was unlocked. But I still don't want to replace it. I had hundreds of games inside it.

Green flashing  and then it does one or two red/orange blinks and loops. 

1 minute ago, 2number9s said:

It was unlocked. But I still don't want to replace it. I had hundreds of games inside it.

Not planning to replace it, just need to connect the hard drive to your PC and check the ind-bios.cfg file's content.

Is it a SATA or IDE hard drive?

3 minutes ago, 2number9s said:

Green flashing  and then it does one or two red/orange blinks and loops.

Weird, I've not seen the ind-bios do that before.  At least, I don't recall ever seeing it flash that pattern.

1 minute ago, KaosEngineer said:

Not planning to replace it, just need to connect the hard drive to your PC and check the ind-bios.cfg file's content.

Is it a SATA or IDE hard drive?

Weird, I've not seen the ind-bios do that before.  At least, I don't recall ever seeing it flash that pattern.

I copied over the ind-bios.cfg you gave me. Also, how can I even see the content, I thought Xbox formatted were unreadable.

20 hours ago, 2number9s said:

I copied over the ind-bios.cfg you gave me. Also, how can I even see the content, I thought Xbox formatted were unreadable.

Not so, there's this nice, currently FREE, application that allows you to mount and read/write content from/to an original XBOX's unlocked FATX formatted hard drive:

It is a .NET 6.0 Desktop application that requires installation of the .NET 6.0 Desktop Runtime to run it on a Windows PC.

Edit: There's also XboxHDM with several releases available to be able to read the content.

The latest XboxHDM-2.3-Beta 4 release can be used to read the content of an Xbox SATA hard drive connected to a computer's SATA port.  No need for native IDE port on the computer.

Other XboxHDM23USB releases, Beta 2 and Beta 3, are configured to access the Xbox hard drive - SATA or IDE - with a USB-to-HDD interface adapter.  USB 2.0 adapters have a better chance of being supported than USB 3.0 adapters.

Earliler releases of xboxhdm, 1.9 and 2.2a, require a native IDE port to access the Xbox hard drive.

On my console when booting the patched ind-bios 5003.67.bin BIOS, at first, the eject light flashes green with the screen displaying the text "loading ind-bios" in white on a black background. After a few seconds, the eject ring turns solid green and the screen changes to a white background with a big green X logo and the text ind-bios printed below it.  After a couple of seconds of this screen, my default dashboard's - UnleashX's - splash screen appears followed by the dashboard's menu.

On 5/24/2022 at 6:17 PM, 2number9s said:

Did you copy over any other files from the patched ind-bios archive to the Xbox hard drive than the BIOS's dot bin and ind-bios.cfg files ?