OGXbox.com

Replacement cap kits wanted for 1.4 Xbox (UK SELLER NEEDED)

nikeymikey

As the title says i'm after a full cap replacement kit for a 1.4 Xbox. Looking for a UK seller to avoid humongous shipping charges.  Looking to replace the caps on the MB and power supply board.  This box will be my 2022 Ultimate Xbox build with Cerbios, Huge HDD, Xbox HDMI+ and whatever else I deem fit to add :) 

Any ideas anyone? 

The only place I have found so far is Console5 in the US and the shipping to the UKis $40 at its cheapest. That's a lot for a tiny parcel of caps. :)

This may be a bit of a hassle... But couldn't you just use mouser in the UK? Then build a cart based on the console5 capacitor list?

I don't know the specs off hand for what you'll be looking for, but this search for instance *should* be what you can choose from for C1B1. They should all be fairly standard  radial caps, they provide the capacitance and voltages on that list. However, the lead spacing may be an issue as I don't know what it is for all of them. Technically you could just measure them all on your existing board as you build your cart. 

You'd also be able to pick your preferred brands this way. I'd recommend sticking with something like Panasonic. However, I have no idea if you'd save much money going this route.

Edit:

Found this more specific list on badcaps.net which should give you the exact specs of what you need.

Edited by Yoinx
  • Like 1