OGXbox.com

Grew up without Xbox, now I know it's the king...

Growing up as a wee gaming lad, my first home console was the ever cheap PS2 Slim with a PAID demo disc from Circuit City (Shoutout to Jampack Volume 13). Even as I amassed my collection of games, I was envious of the competition from Nintendo, since the funny cube had the cool italian guys, & I didn't. but then there was the Xbox, something that seemed so powerful & complex, I avoided it entirely out of fear & confusion (mostly confusion). However, I had multiple cool uncles who played classics like Halo, Doom 3, & Jedi Knight Academy on their individual Xboxes. Every single time I saw them play these titles, I was floored by their visuals, the gameplay on display, & the fact it was all coming out of this hulking THING that I knew was just better than my PS2 in every way, including physically if my PS2 was forced to do a trust fall with Xbox.

Fast forward to the present, & for the past 6-7 months, I've been on an absolute spree on collecting Xbox Classics, controllers, accessories, & multiple Xboxes themselves after learning how varied the modding scene for the Green Box actually is. After spending over a decade completely ignoring the brick that I so deeply admired, the goal is to honor it's legacy by cleaning up any Xbox that I find a good deal for, learn what makes them tick, mod them to smithereens, & of course, play. The true first Xbox doesn't deserve to be forgotten.

I also went on a spree of buying accessories. Picked up the controller for steel batallion (dont have the game yet) because i found someone who was wanting to get rid of it. Got a driving wheel that i didnt know existed, got the two mad catz green light guns and probably the coolest one i found on ebay recently was a wireless controller for the orginal xbox, not the logitech one that most game sites have. This controller feels as good as some of the newer controllers and it was from a brand i had never heard of. Even writing this now i dont remember what it was called. Have to go look at it again.

Currently looking at a tabletop's worth of spare Xbox controllers, as I have an unnatural fascination with them in particular, for all consoles. If I had no self restraint, it would be a slippery slope down to collecting all the interesting OG controllers.

One I did manage to grab for cheap was one Gamester's "FPS MASTER".  It's the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen, so I had to get one. Feels surprisingly good in the hand for what it is.