OGXbox.com

Connect 2 Xbox’s together direct FTP

Lexieye

Good afternoon all

(brief) thank you all for all your previous help in my endeavours

This is more of a question and if it’s not possible then thats fine but google doesn’t understand my question

i have 2 completely different XBOX’s

a hard modded 1.0 and a 1.3 soft mod

i would like to directly connect them together to transfer games over because I don’t have storage space or the time to FTP 500g of data

on the original KODI XBMC you could enter a path in the file manager and directly connect to your PC server

the Xbox file manager also has this server option.

• Could I setup a master and slave operation where the receiving XBOX would have a normal FTP IP and the sending XBOX a static IP and be a host?

I also have no idea how to do this lol

but I would like to keep the 2 XBOX’s unique and not clone anything

Yep very easy from the UnleashX dash, in fact more correctly the UnleashX file explorer.

It has built in FTP client.

You simply connect the two Xboxes with a cross-over cable, make sure both are set to Static IP typically 192.168.0.2 and 192.168.0.1, and start both. You can use either as the host if each Xbox is connected to a separate screen or by a different cable to the same one.

If UnleashX is not your main dash launch it as an app instead. Whether the other Xbox needs to be running the UnleashX dash too under such circumstance I do not now - never tried testing that.

Just go to the file explorer bring up the context menu (White button) and scroll down and you'll find a new option to connect to any attached Xbox. There's a simple FTP connection menu where you can store the details of the machine you're connecting too for future use.

The rest of it is fairly self-explanatory and if you're used to UnleashX's outstanding file explorer the operation is almost the same as normal except the right hand half of the file explorer is the other Xbox.

I'm sure you can do this all though your router with everything set to DCHP too like any other PC networked devices but that may or may cause router, FTP Client and firewall problems. So, IMHO, unless you're going to be doing this regularly its not worth the effort of blocking an only occasionally used LAN port - FTP direct between the two, nice and simple. 

Its not that fast (understatement) but it'll get the job done and rarely disconnects in my my experience. I use this quite often as I have a chipped primary Xbox (v1.6) and I like to mirror the key folders/files and other important backups on that to a v1.1 softmod I use mostly just for that purpose. 

• Like 3

I know you mentioned not having the time, but it is worth noting that Fatxplorer can transfer data quite fast. Depending on your computer, 500GB won’t take as long as you probably think. Of course this is only an option if you have direct HDD to pc connection and don’t mind unlocking the HDD for a short period. Other than that, HDShadow has already covered your options. 

On 4/27/2022 at 8:52 PM, MadMartigan said:

I know you mentioned not having the time, but it is worth noting that Fatxplorer can transfer data quite fast. Depending on your computer, 500GB won’t take as long as you probably think. Of course this is only an option if you have direct HDD to pc connection and don’t mind unlocking the HDD for a short period. Other than that, HDShadow has already covered your options. 

I do not have that option.

I have heard this many times and do think i should invest in using Fatxplorer with a direct HDD SATA / IDE splitter adapter to laptop

i have a Linux PC because of my other apt/Debian based hobbies and because Linux is 100% free

i should sudo rm -rf / — Delete  Everything and start again with windows

On 4/26/2022 at 4:48 PM, HDShadow said:

Yep very easy from the UnleashX dash, in fact more correctly the UnleashX file explorer.

You simply connect the two Xboxes with a cross-over cable, make sure both are set to Static IP typically 192.168.0.2 and 192.168.0.1, and start both. You can use either as the host if each Xbox is connected to a separate screen or by a different cable to the same one.

If UnleashX is not your main dash launch it as an app instead. Whether the other Xbox needs to be running the UnleashX dash too under such circumstance I do not now - never tried testing that.

Just go to the file explorer bring up the context menu (White button) and scroll down and you'll find a new option to connect to any attached Xbox. There's a simple FTP connection menu where you can store the details of the machine you're connecting too for future use.

The rest of it is fairly self-explanatory and if you're used to UnleashX's outstanding file explorer the operation is almost the same as normal except the right hand half of the file explorer is the other Xbox.

I'm sure you can do this all though your router with everything set to DCHP too like any other PC networked devices but that may or may cause router, FTP Client and firewall problems. So, IMHO, unless you're going to be doing this regularly its not worth the effort of blocking an only occasionally used LAN port - FTP direct between the two, nice and simple. 

Its not that fast (understatement) but it'll get the job done and rarely disconnects in my my experience. I use this quite often as I have a chipped primary Xbox (v1.6) and I like to mirror the key folders/files and other important backups on that to a v1.1 softmod I use mostly just for that purpose. 

Sorry to sound stupid but do both XBox’s have the same IP?

I did as you explained 

static IP Address of XBox 1 192.168.0.1

static IP Address XBox 2 as 192.168.0.2

Connect them with a yellow cross-over cable but I can’t add the source on the SLAVE receiving XBox?

Unable to connect Could not retrieve directory information . This could be due to the network not being connected . Would you like to add it anyway ?
I’ve experienced this with Kodi and it’s normally a incorrect URL 

Do I need an entry to the ip?

http://

https://

ftp://

sftp://

thank you for your responses 👍🏻

Edited by Lexieye

On 4/26/2022 at 4:48 PM, HDShadow said:

I can’t install UnleashX When I install as a dash it freezes at the bios and install as an app it throws an error 11 red screen with the rescue IP. (HEXEN 4 LIFE) Lol

I used HEXEN to reinstall XBMC4GAMERS and it’s backup and running. I think that problem is my bios don’t support UnleashX

Edited by Lexieye

12 hours ago, Lexieye said:

I can’t install UnleashX When I install as a dash it freezes at the bios and install as an app it throws an error 11 red screen with the rescue IP. (HEXEN 4 LIFE) Lol

I used HEXEN to reinstall XBMC4GAMERS and it’s backup and running. I think that problem is my bios don’t support UnleashX

Which BIOS? 

I've never had a problem with any modified Xbox BIOS not running any replacement dashboard I've installed:

• Evoxdash
  • Unleashx
  • XBMC
  • XBMC4Xbox
  • XBMC4Gamers
  • XBMC-Emustation
  • Avalaunch
  • Anod-X
  • and more...

Me neither - if you're using HeXEn to install it try doing it manually instead by FTP directly.

Better IMHO if you are running a dash with a file explorer which, from your first post you are ie. XBMC FTP an UnleashX folder (all it actually needs inside is the dashboard's default.xbe) to a temporary folder on F:\ or wherever. Then copy it to E:\Apps or wherever your other apps are located.

Reboot and it should appear in your apps list, most likely as UnleashX Dashboard Launcher. If that does not boot properly there something odd going on.

My guess is that you did not rename the dashboard XBE to "default.xbe" - I'd bet HeXEn installed its as a main dash which would mean that it was left using "evoxdash.xbe", correct for a main dash install but not as an app. Just rename that to XBE in the UnleashX folder to "default.xbe" (no quotation marks of course). 🙂 

• Thanks 1

Ok so after some digging I downloaded XBOX FTP CLIENT and I set both IP address to automatic.

I logged into the 1TB Xbox from the 350gig via normal FTP with Xbox as username and password.

this took FOREVER  to realise what I was doing as you select the jumbled square with the left Analogue and then hold the direction position of that letter with the right Analogue then right trigger to use...... oh and (black) reboots the XBox! GREAT man!

So now I’m still stuck?

The XBox gets stuck when I try and open any of the directory folders. Doesn’t matter whatever folder freezes .

CAB40AFF-080C-4F05-BD91-3214064167AD.png

C8444F35-33D1-43E6-8F82-07828F753507.png

I used that creaky, old FTP Client app years ago with its awful GUI, before I was, thankfully, made aware of the fact the UnleashX File Explorer has its own built in FTP client.

There should be no problem installing an UnleashX dash as an app whatever your main dash or BIOS. I'd concentrate on getting that working rather than messing around with that dinosaur app.

• Like 2

Ok we have power!

I had to move some things around using Avalauch and enabling something called CALI that I’m just thinking Kali Linux ???

but we have ignition and I have the 1TB in the list of sources.

thanks to everyone who helped... biggest problem was that the OG user must of changed his FTP password as could not log into 350gig XBox

A80173DB-DE81-465F-AA66-F660FB56E612.jpeg

3 hours ago, Lexieye said:

I had to move some things around using Avalauch and enabling something called CALI that I’m just thinking Kali Linux ???

Where was CALI located on the Xbox? 

Did you mean XLink Kai?

biggest problem was that the OG user must of changed his FTP password as could not log into 350gig XBox

You should be able to change the FTP password for Avalaunch from its Settings menu.

Edit: I thought you could change it in the Network Settings menu but I don't find a location to do so after checking.

It's in Avalaunch's configuration file - avalaunch.xml:

• <user name="xbox" password="xbox">

Run a different dashboard so you can download it then open the file in a text editor to modify the values.

Upload the modified file then run Avalaunch again.

• Like 1