OGXbox.com

How to mount XISO on Xbox

ochentay4

Hello, I managed to split the XISO of Enter The Matrix, but when I ran it, It goes back to dashboard. Im using latest EvoX m8+ noDVD 480p 256kb BIOS. image.png.64fbf39b657cb0cc5ab09856421b1e45.png

Also, want to know how to mount an small XISO (I dont have or dont know how to create attach.xbe)

It seems faster, safer, and better to have ISOS on the Xbox than millions of small files, specially, when transferring them.

Edited by ochentay4

How is your console modded: soft or hard?

Softmodded Xbox

Softmods based on nkpatcher support mounting XISO images when running NKPatcher's driveimageutils' attach.xbe app (renamed to default.xbe and with its XBE TItle edited to the name you want to appear in the dashboard's game menu).  The default.xbe file and XISO files go into a unique subfolder. 

Better still is to use run the XBMC4Xbox script - XISO to HDD.  It creates a properly named attach app add the games icon, the Title Name and Title ID values to it  The script also moves/places the XISO file(s) and the attach app (default.xbe) file in a subfolder of the Xbox's Games folder.

Upload the split ISO files to F:\Games or G:\Games, run the XISO to HDD script.  

Hardmodded Xbox

You will need a BIOS that supports mounting XISOs (the new CERBIOS I've read does but is currently in alpha/beta testing for only v1.0-1.3 Xbox versions).

You can also use a chain loader app that patches the in-memory copy of the kernel to add the hooks to mount XISO disc images then runs the default dashboard named evox.xbe.

evoxdash.xbe

XISO Kernel Patcher 

Place in C:\ and the default dashboard that it runs after patching the kernel has to be placed at C:\evox.xbe.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

How is your console modded: soft or hard?

Softmodded Xbox

Softmods based on nkpatcher support mounting XISO images when running NKPatcher's driveimageutils' attach.xbe app (renamed to default.xbe and with its XBE TItle edited to the name you want to appear in the dashboard's game menu).  The default.xbe file and XISO files go into a unique subfolder. 

Better still is to use run the XBMC4Xbox script - XISO to HDD.  It creates a properly named attach app add the games icon, the Title Name and Title ID values to it  The script also moves/places the XISO file(s) and the attach app (default.xbe) file in a subfolder of the Xbox's Games folder.

Upload the split ISO files to F:\Games or G:\Games, run the XISO to HDD script.  

Hardmodded Xbox

You will need a BIOS that supports mounting XISOs (the new CERBIOS I've read does but is currently in alpha/beta testing for only v1.0-1.3 Xbox versions).

You can also use a chain loader app that patches the in-memory copy of the kernel to add the hooks to mount XISO disc images then runs the default dashboard named evox.xbe.

evoxdash.xbe 9.99 kB · 0 downloads

XISO Kernel Patcher 

Place in C:\ and the default dashboard that it runs after patching the kernel has to be placed at C:\evox.xbe.

Its hardmodded and using bios EvoX m8+ noDVD 480p 256kb BIOS, dont know if it supports mounting XISOs. Regarding, the rest of your post, I dont understand, will have to learn a little about dashboards and stuff. Thanks for the answer.

1 hour ago, ochentay4 said:

Its hardmodded and using bios EvoX m8+ noDVD 480p 256kb BIOS, dont know if it supports mounting XISOs. Regarding, the rest of your post, I dont understand, will have to learn a little about dashboards and stuff. Thanks for the answer.

Where was the BIOS you flashed to your Xbox obtained from?

The xbins' distribution versions of most modified Xbox BIOSes have their boot order list set as follows:

• C:\evoXdash.xbe
  • C:\AvaDash.xbe
  • C:\neXgen.xbe

If the first file is not found, [the next file is attempted, if not found, repeat until end of boot order list is reached]. If none of the listed XBEs are found on the hard drive, the stock Xbox dashboard file, xboxdash.xbe, is executed.

However, with all of the recent installer disc releases, the boot order list of the BIOSes they include have been modified.  You will need to check the documentation on the installer disc for the BIOS's settings or for Evox M8/M8plus load the BIOS's dot bin file into EVTool v1.0.9 to see the BIOS's boot order list configuration:

5b7d87d317c75_EVTool1.09-BootPartitionsandExecutables.png.a6db4340e183426c8e3349219e98ec7b.png

If there's an evoxdash.xbe file on your Xbox's C drive, what is its size?

• Like 1

On 4/19/2022 at 8:27 PM, ochentay4 said:

Hello, I managed to split the XISO of Enter The Matrix, but when I ran it, It goes back to dashboard. Im using latest EvoX m8+ noDVD 480p 256kb BIOS. image.png.64fbf39b657cb0cc5ab09856421b1e45.png

Also, want to know how to mount an small XISO (I dont have or dont know how to create attach.xbe)

It seems faster, safer, and better to have ISOS on the Xbox than millions of small files, specially, when transferring them.

You do end up with less files to move around. But the trade off is that you donˋt have access to your game files and canˋt modify the game directory in any way. Also, theres the extra step of mounting the ISO, and the process of unmounting and remounting whenever you want to change games. Itˋs like automatic transmission or Mac ownership to me: Iˋve never understood the appeal. It offers convenience with the sacrifice of control... Although Iˋm sure lots of people disagree. 

• Like 3