OGXbox.com

OGXBox Bios Flasher Disc

sweetdarkdestiny

10 hours ago, SaturnX said:

Good to know! I've just built/packed two new M8Plus 1.6 BIOSes with the bytes changed for UDMA4/UDMA5.  I'll give it a go on my 1.6/OpenXenium later to see what happens. 

One other question, but I guess I'll get the answer when I test - I also have an old Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 9 IDE HDD that is rated for ATA133 (UDMA6) that I've setup as quick test HDD for OG Xbox mods.  I would assume by taking the SATA/IDE controller out of the equation, given the HDD is capable of ATA133, and using an 80-wire/40-pin cable, I should in theory be able to use UDMA5 without issue.

Yes, with the 80-wire 40-pin high-speed IDE cable, but not with the stock 40-wire 40-pin IDE cable.

• Thanks 1

On 10/20/2022 at 1:27 AM, KaosEngineer said:

Looks correct. :)

@oysterjetski @coldasijs - FYI.

First off, I'm going to caution - USE THESE FILES AT YOUR OWN RISK! - ensure you have a way to recover your BIOS should the flash/UDMA setting impact the ability to boot off the HDD.

I've modified the stock EvoxM8+ bios for 1.0-1.4 (EvoX.m8) and 1.6 (EvoX.m8.16) bios files to set the UDMA4 and UDMA5 flags in the bios Kernel - this is for HDDs 2TB and less. The intent here was to offer the ability to maintain my current HDD structure on my 2TB drive, while enabling UDMA4/5 speeds, keeping everything else constant.  So in effect, this is simply the usual EvoxM8+ with F/G partitions with UDMA flags set - nothing more, nothing less.

I also have the following boot order set for all of them, and all include the flubber animation, no Evox Logo, and no DVD drive check.

1. DVD:\ default.xbe
  2. C:\evoxdash.xbe
  3. E:\evoxdash.xbe
  4. C:\xboxdash.xbe

I have only tested the 1.6 bioses as I'm awaiting on an another OpenXenium to install in my TSOP'd 1.4 so I can test the others.  I also have yet to do any benchmarking or detailed testing - I simply flashed and then attempted to boot into Halo, Halo 2, MechWarrior - all of which worked for me on my setup - using an IDE ATA133 (UDMA6) HDD.  I have yet to test with my StarTech adapter, that''s on my to do list.

Once again - use these at your own risk I take no responsibility if this bricks your Xbox.

1.0-1.4 Only:

UDMA4: EvoX.m8.cec.67.noDVD.noLogo.UDMA4.256.bin

UDMA5: EvoX.m8.cec.67.noDVD.noLogo.UDMA5.256.bin

1.6/1.6b Only:

UDMA4: EvoX.m8.16.CEC.fg.67.noDVD.noLogo.UDMA4.256.bin

UDMA5: EvoX.m8.16.CEC.fg.67.noDVD.noLogo.UDMA5.256.bin

Hope this helps and if anyone can support in testing, that would be awesome!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Damn thats sweet. Are you ok with it I'm using these for my Installer and MC Flasher?

I'm totally cool with that! Your installers have been super helpful, and I really wanted to find a way to contribute 😀  The only thing is I would love to have some more testing done (especially on the non 1.6 bios) as I really don't want anyone to mess up their console if they TSOP flash. And/or please include a warning.... once my next Xenium arrives I'll be able to fiddle around more with my 1.4.

I pieced this together fairly quickly after tracing back through the Titan code so in theory it should work as it's only a one byte change in the bios kernel - but you never know!

• Like 1

On 10/21/2022 at 1:51 PM, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Sweet. I will add some credits to both (MC Flasher and Installer) for the bioses. And ofc a word of warning like I already did for the Cerbios UDMA5 and Titan UDMA4/5 bioses.

Just installed the OpenXenium in my 1.4 and my UDMA5 bios appears to work great using a StarTech adapter and WD Black 2TB drive. 😆

Will need to test further, but it boots and played a few games off the HDD.  Everything seemed a little snappier in loading/transitions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi Guys. 

I have downloaded the DVD and burnt it. I can boot the DVD without issues. I do have some questions. 

Right now i havre a Xecuter 2.6 and think its the CE. I am running X2 5035 1.6 137GB+

I am looking to use the Titan BIOS.

So my questions.

1) Can I use the Titan BIOS on this X2 Chip?

2) If so can i flash the BIOS without the Hard Drive being prepared for Titan or do i need to sort that first and install to the XBOX?

Thanks in advance for any help

IMG_0530.jpeg

TITAN does not use a G partition just a huge F partition. So you would need to setup your HDD from scratch with your 3TB HDD because TITAN will not see your G partition.

I suggest to use Cerbios over TITAN. However, you would also need to setup your HDD from scratch (Using FatXplorer 3.0) in case you want to use the full 3TB. If you are fine with the 2TB (of your 3TB) Cerbios will work out of the box with it and will see your G partition. 

The latest Cerbios (v2.2.0 atm) can be found here

6 hours ago, McFarTech said:

Hi. No my HDD is 3TB the G: is just not showing the disk space. 

But i am still unsure. Can this be flashed without the HDD already setup for Titan or do i need to do that first and then flash. Its just not clear the order of steps

We've answered this for you on your original post also. Might be best to keep everything within that post. Strictly for organization purposes.