OGXbox.com

OGXBox Bios Flasher Disc

sweetdarkdestiny

Oh no, another flasher! YES! :)

I have resently read from the one or the other that it would be nice to have a option to just flash a bios wihtout the need to install any apps, dashboards or what ever.  So I decided to make that DVD for the 2-3 ppl. out there. 

So this DVD provides XBlastOS and EvoX as flashing tool. Like the MC/USB installer I made, all bios files are already packed as bios.bin so you can flash any TSOP (Incl. Winbond) or ModChip with it right away. Other as the MC/USB flasher this DVD version provides more bios files you can flash. And ofc there is also a XBox 1.6/1.6b flasher on board. And no, if you didn't have already a modded XBox you need to use the MC/USB TSOP flasher (Or you soft mod).

How ever. On the main screen you simply select what you like to do:

• Flash XBox 1.0-1.4 Without Dashboard Install.
  • Flash XBox 1.0-1.4 With Dashboard Install.
  • Flash XBox 1.6-1.6b Without Dashboard Install.
  • Flash XBox 1.6-1.6b With Dashboard Install.

So you could install one (1) dashboard along if you like (Ava, EvoX, UiX Lite, UX, X4X, X4G or XES). If not just select the "Without" option and the Flash Menu will load up right away without installing anything. Btw. this installer will install nothing if you don't wish (The only thing you could install is a Dash anyway). Not even XBlastOS or EvoX which both run of the DVD. So you will just leave with a Bios folder on C:\ which contains the bios you have flashed. 

And if need you have some basic tools in the Main Menu under Miscellaneous.  You also will find the option to update the MS Dashboard to the lates version (5960.01) if needed in that menu along with some other options. 

So you see, the main goal here was basicly bios flashing. No Apps, No Dah (If you don't want) and No Crap will left behind. And ofc this installer didn't touch any byte of your maybe already installed Apps/Dashes or what ever like some others do. Finaly this installer provides all the latest bioses like Cerbios, MakeMHz, EvoX TITAN etc..

Finaly one last word. This DVD didn't use a BFM on boot so it's pretty fast. And all bios MD5 check sums I know have been added to the EvoX flasher and to the Bios Checker App (Oh Dave will throw eggs at me for this). 

HOW EVER..... Hope you guys have a use for it. PEACE!

Downloads : 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

I'm just curious, isn't Hexen and the others meant for that?  " to just flash a bios wihtout the need to install any apps, dashboards or what ever. " well yesterday I put in the Hexen 2018 disc to my tray, clicked on "flash the bios", took off the disc and everything was done. So how this differs from the other installatin discs? I am new to the modding area, this is why I am asking.

Edited by JohnnyHUN

HeXEn/TruHeXEn, OGXBox Installer 2021 & Co are installers which are made to set up your XBox and provide a large amount of options. 

This disc is different from that.

It's main purpose is just flash a bios. And it will install nothing to do so (Not to forget to mention here that HeXEn & TruHeXEn delete your entire UnleashX dashbord just to flash a bios!), everything here runs strait of the DVD. And you have the freedom to choose between different flasher EvoX, XBlastOS and GentooX (and Raincoat is in work). 

And this DVD provides also the latest bioses. No other disc out there provides EvoX TITAN bioses (Pre patched in varius flavors for all XBox versions) or the new Cerbios, Dev-Bioses or patched MakeMHz bioses (iND/EvoX) for example. Also this DVD dosn't use a BFM bios like all others do. 

And you also have the option to flash what ever bios you like to a Winbond TSOP right away. Reason for that is that I took the time to rename every single bios of the 50 which are provide to 'bios.bin' and put them into a folder called 'bios' to easely flash these TSOP's. HeXEn / TruHeXEn provides how man? One? Two?

How ever, you also have the option to flash a bios and install ONE dashboard along with it. This option is for those which complained about that all the installers install stuff they don't need/want. So it's super bare bone. 

Over all this disc is more or less some sort of a "tool" for advanced user and not an installer in the traditional sense since it will not install apps, format your HDD or provide repair options or what ever you can think of when it comes to installers. It will just flash bioses in the first place. 

So whats left to say? I think, that this DVD is pretty special and just a hand full of user will use it at all. The most who would have a need for it probably code there own installer/flasher to suit there personal needs perfect.

How ever, this is maybe usefull for the one or the other. And this is only a just for fun "project". I don't force any one to use it or even to try it out. I have made this for me in personal (Like basicly the OGXBox Installer 2021 and the OGXBox MC/USB TSOP Flasher as well) and provides it to the communety (Why not right?). 

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for creating this disc! I think I will be using it when I go to move forward. If you have any advisement - I am looking to perform the update to the bios along with a 3tb drive install (first I need to replace caps though as I just found out about the clock cap issue and I want to clean the board up a bit). 

so I managed to get the Startech adapter and my V1.0 xbox is using the Xecuter modchip with evox t7 256k bios. What would be my best upgrade path?

First should I attempt to install the new hard drive? or do you flash the bios and then upgrade the drive? (current drive is an unlocked stock ide drive)

Also when I do install the bios - I would select Evox t8 256k and that will be fine? I dont need to do any sort of preparing on the modchip ahead of time to make sure it can be flashed? or does it only read it from the C:/ anyways so it doesnt matter.

Thank you again!

Flash the EvoX TITAN m8+ UDMA5. And set up your 3TB HDD on your PC with FatXplorer 3.0 beta 20 which can set up your HDD for TITAN Bioses. 

Here are the files for C & E : https://1fichier.com/?kinvner9q3c4dy7yiobz

And the DL for FatExplorer : https://fatxplorer.eaton-works.com/3-0-beta/

After you have set up your HDD put her in your XBox and enjoy. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/18/2022 at 11:47 PM, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Flash the EvoX TITAN m8+ UDMA5. And set up your 3TB HDD on your PC with FatXplorer 3.0 beta 20 which can set up your HDD for TITAN Bioses. 

Hey sorry to bump this for an error but I was trying to perform the steps and got stuck. I think it might be that I don’t have enough free space to Unrar but I don’t think I can free up more c space - any tips? 
61B68C7C-30F4-4879-B891-A254487F41DB.thumb.jpeg.6728c894ef44ef7e397ced56451f47a5.jpeg

B2007011-F2E1-45FB-A46B-901C1E82EB14.jpeg

E29FA7AC-F3D9-4395-A9DC-1DC7754A7A4A.jpeg

Edited by futurepr0n
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, futurepr0n said:

Hey sorry to bump this for an error but I was trying to perform the steps and got stuck. I think it might be that I don’t have enough free space to Unrar but I don’t think I can free up more c space - any tips? 

Which file did you download:

• OGXbox Bios Flasher Disc v1.1.0 or
  • OGXBox Installer 2021 - v1.5.3 beta 2 For FatXplorer + XBoxHDM.zip?

You really don't need all either to flash a new BIOS to your modchip or TSOP.  Copy the BIOS's rar file from the disc, extract the content from it and use either Evoxdash or XBLastOS XBE edition to flash the BIOS.

Edit: Error 6 - Invalid handle. 

Seem to me that it is trying to extract the rar file's content on a read-only disc to the read-only disc instead of to the hard drive.

On 4/18/2022 at 10:47 PM, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Is the file for flashing to be the OGXBox Installer 2021 - v1.5.3 beta 2 For FatXplorer + XBoxHDM.zip as linked or the OGXbox Bios flasher disc?

Hey.

I have checked the ISO and it works for me.

But I noticed the skin also didn't load up correctly. Have you tried to reboot your console and start over? And do use the lates version of the OGXBox Bios Flasher Disc v1.1.0 ? ( EDIT : And you just need some KB of free space on C so that isn't a problem ;) )

1 hour ago, KaosEngineer said:

Seem to me that it is trying to extract the rar file's content on a read-only disc to the read-only disc instead of to the hard drive.

The config is fine :

<List Text="3.4.3.1. Flash EvoX m8+ TITAN F+G noDVD v1.1.0 UDMA5 (256kb)." Sort="off" Batch="True" icon="D:\Skins\Icons\flash_TITAN.png">
	<Item Action="MessageBox" Arg1="WARNING 1/2:">RIGHT NOW I WOULD SAY THIS IS AN BETA BIOS NOT MENT TO BE FLASHED BY BEGINNERS! ALSO IT SHOULD NOT BE FLASHED TO A TSOP! FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK!</Item>
	<Item Action="MessageBox" Arg1="WARNING 2/2:">THIS IS AN noDVD DRIVE CHECK BIOS! IF YOU USE AN WD GREEN HDD, YOU MUST DISABLE THE HEAD PARKING FUNTCTION FIRST USING WDIDL3.EXE! And yes, it will still boot any DVD you like!</Item>
	<Item Action="AskUser" Arg1="OGXBox" Arg2="We are now going to prepare the files for your bios flash. Do you like to proceed?"/>
	<Item Action="unrar" Arg1="D:\Bios\Titan\EvoXTITANUDMA5ND.rar" Arg2="C:\"/>
	<Item Action="AskUser" Arg1="OGXBox" Arg2="All files are in place. Last chance to change your mind if you are unsure. Do you like to proceed and start the flash process?"/>
	<Item Action="D:\EvoX\evox.xbe">Launching EvoltionX</Item>
</List>

Edited by sweetdarkdestiny

3 hours ago, sweetdarkdestiny said:

Hey.

I have checked the ISO and it works for me.

But I noticed the skin also didn't load up correctly. Have you tried to reboot your console and start over? And do use the lates version of the OGXBox Bios Flasher Disc v1.1.0 ? ( EDIT : And you just need some KB of free space on C so that isn't a problem ;) )

The config is fine :

<List Text="3.4.3.1. Flash EvoX m8+ TITAN F+G noDVD v1.1.0 UDMA5 (256kb)." Sort="off" Batch="True" icon="D:\Skins\Icons\flash_TITAN.png">
	<Item Action="MessageBox" Arg1="WARNING 1/2:">RIGHT NOW I WOULD SAY THIS IS AN BETA BIOS NOT MENT TO BE FLASHED BY BEGINNERS! ALSO IT SHOULD NOT BE FLASHED TO A TSOP! FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK!</Item>
	<Item Action="MessageBox" Arg1="WARNING 2/2:">THIS IS AN noDVD DRIVE CHECK BIOS! IF YOU USE AN WD GREEN HDD, YOU MUST DISABLE THE HEAD PARKING FUNTCTION FIRST USING WDIDL3.EXE! And yes, it will still boot any DVD you like!</Item>
	<Item Action="AskUser" Arg1="OGXBox" Arg2="We are now going to prepare the files for your bios flash. Do you like to proceed?"/>
	<Item Action="unrar" Arg1="D:\Bios\Titan\EvoXTITANUDMA5ND.rar" Arg2="C:\"/>
	<Item Action="AskUser" Arg1="OGXBox" Arg2="All files are in place. Last chance to change your mind if you are unsure. Do you like to proceed and start the flash process?"/>
	<Item Action="D:\EvoX\evox.xbe">Launching EvoltionX</Item>
</List>

Looks correct - other than the misspelled EvolutionX in the last Item Action line. :)

• Like 1

Hi,

Can I flash my W29C040T BIOS with this flash disc? Because I have an Xbox v1.2 with it.

I do not find this Winbond W29C040T in evox.ini just this one: "Flash = 0xda46,"Winbond W29C040",0x40000".

And I got error message with other flash tools (Size error)

Thank you in advance!

24 minutes ago, sidocious said:

Hi,

Can I flash my W29C040T BIOS with this flash disc? Because I have an Xbox v1.2 with it.

I do not find this Winbond W29C040T in evox.ini just this one: "Flash = 0xda46,"Winbond W29C040",0x40000".

And I got error message with other flash tools (Size error)

Thank you in advance!

For Winbond TSOP's use the XBlastOS flasher of this disk. It will flash your W29C040T just fine. And EvoX can't flash the Winbond TSOP's. ;)

1 hour ago, KaosEngineer said:

Looks correct - other than the misspelled EvolutionX in the last Item Action line. :)

Copy protection. :D;)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Which file did you download:

• OGXbox Bios Flasher Disc v1.1.0 or
  • OGXBox Installer 2021 - v1.5.3 beta 2 For FatXplorer + XBoxHDM.zip?

You really don't need all either to flash a new BIOS to your modchip or TSOP.  Copy the BIOS's rar file from the disc, extract the content from it and use either Evoxdash or XBLastOS XBE edition to flash the BIOS.

Basically because I am updating after a long absence I was seeking the proper upgrade path to updating new bios and swapping the hard drive.

First step was going to be update the bios,

Second step,  use those C/E drive files and set up the hardwire with fatxplorer for the swap

Third step, move the new hard drive in.

I know this chip is an old one - it looks to be an "Xchanger v2.5" is this one even flashable? or Do I need to go back and do something special to toggle it?

Am I selecting the wrong option in the disc? Should I try to flash with one of the other options? I am selecting YesDVD but maybe I misunderstood the reason for that. I am reading now. 

Also, I dont need to use OGXBox Installer 2021 - v1.5.3 beta 2 For FatXplorer + XBoxHDM.zip until after I complete the bios update successfully right?

If I remeber right, you flash the Xchanger via network.

Flashing the bios is just one step. When swapping out the HDD, there is nothing on it. So you would need to set up your new HDD with an installer disc like OGXBox Installer 2021 / TruHeXEn or what ever you like. Or option to is to set up your HDD on your PC using FatXplorer 3.0 beta and copy over the needed files. That's what OGXBox Installer 2021 - v1.5.3 beta 2 For FatXplorer + XBoxHDM.zip is for.

And a noDVD disables the check on boot if your XBox has a working DVD drive. The yesDVD bios still has the check enabled. (And yes  you can still boot/cold boot any DVD with it.

Ok Thanks alot @sweetdarkdestiny! So in my scenario, I need to follow some other tutorial/instructions. Should I try and take the EvoX TITAN m8+ UDMA5 noDVD bios and flash it via network? I do see the manual here: https://www.yumpu.com/en/document/read/35318812/understanding-your-x-changer-xbox-scenecom And it looks like I can get to that xchanger menu and then I guess I would want to flash bios via network that way.

I suppose I need to follow the instructions to create the bios myself- I was unable to view the DVD contents from my DVD drive in my PC after burning the disc. Maybe I can mount the iso and take the files from there - would you think I need to try with a different bios file now that we see im using the x-changer? or I should be fine if we update this way?

Screen Shot 2022-05-10 at 9.29.57 AM.png

Edited by futurepr0n

Once you burn the special XISO disc image to a DVD-R disc, the PC is not able to read the data from it.

You can use Xbox scene applications: Qwix v1.0.1 or C-Xbox Tools v2.0.6 to create and extract content from them.

PowerISO is a commercial application that can display the content and extract the files.  The FREE version only allows you to create images up to, I believe, 300MBs in size.  

I was able to flash the bios manually - I used the network option on the xchanger and everything looked ok except when I copied over the E drive files I got a bunch of permission errors. It still looks like everything is loading up fine but I’m thinking I may need to ftp in and copy the e drive over again manually. 

is there a way to get around this error on boot? It looks like if I have something in the dvd drive I don’t get it. I can also go to modbios and that loads evox and I’ve been successful copying games using dvd2xbox. 

331570E6-3B30-4248-87D2-DA00DAB37B6B.jpeg

F4620281-D57C-4A4A-9699-0071BE4FE60D.jpeg

The first line of that message is part of the X-Changer OS. 

Found it in the source code file BootIde.c:

/* -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- */

int BootIdeReadData(unsigned uIoBase, void * buf, size_t size)
{
	u16 * ptr = (u16 *) buf;

if (BootIdeWaitDataReady(uIoBase)) {
		printk("BootIdeReadData data not ready...\n");
		return 1;
	}

while (size > 1) {
		*ptr++ = IoInputWord(IDE_REG_DATA(uIoBase));
		size -= 2;
	}

IoInputByte(IDE_REG_STATUS(uIoBase));
	if(IoInputByte(IDE_REG_ALTSTATUS(uIoBase)) & 0x01) {
		printk("BootIdeReadData ended with an error\n");
		return 2;
	}
	return 0;
}

The second line from this section of the BootIde.c source code:

BootIdeWaitDataReady(uIoBase);

if(BootIdeReadData(uIoBase, baBuffer, IDE_SECTOR_SIZE)) 
	{
		printk("  %d: Drive not detected\n", nIndexDrive);
		return 1;
	}  

Have you upgraded the hard drive?  Is it IDE or SATA with an IDE-to-SATA adapter? 

If SATA with adapter, which adapter are you using? And, did you swap out the stock IDE cable with a high-speed 80-wire 40-pin one?