OGXbox.com

How to change back the color to Green on the eject button circle from Red?

JohnnyHUN

Due to some modification that previous owner made, when I turn on the Xbox it's working fine, but the circle is red,but there is no error at all. Its really annoying, I would like to change it back to the original green. Also, when I boot up the xbox the Xbox logo is blue instead of green. I would like to restore this too. Do I have to flash a new bios, or it can be done by only modifying a couple files?

Before I reformated the HDD on the title screen there was a "Slayers 2.7" text, so I guess they made all this with that, I mean I dont know what is this Slayers stuff, but it maybe have to do with something with this case.

Edit: Which revision of Xbox do you have?  Which BIOS version is it booting?

Slayer's Evox Installer Disc.  An old installer disc built around the evox replacement dashboard.

There are many such installer discs available:

• Slayer's Evox Installer Disc
  • HeXEn - Hemidall's Xbox Engineering Disc
  • AID - AutoInstaller Deluxe
  • Borg Disc Installer
  • TruHeXEn
  • OGXbox Installer 2021
  • etc.

Evox M8plus BIOS Settings

To change the eject ring color back to green, the logo colors, remove the EvoX shield from the startup animation, disable DVD Drive Check, etc.; you will need to use EVTool v1.0.9 to edit Evolution-X's M8plus BIOS settings.

760380485_EvoxM8plus_16EVToolSettingsChangesfromdistroversion.PNG.49b5ed212fab6cdd555218d2c0390642.PNG

Run Evoxdash's Backup Operation to save the current BIOS to the hard drive.  A bios.bin file will be stored in the Backup subfolder where evoxdash is running from on your Xbox (e.g., C:\evoxdash.xbe will save it and several other files in C:\Backup\).

Download the file from the Xbox to your PC then use the File Operations > Open... to load the bios.bin file into the app.  The BIOS's current settings will be shown in EVTool. Change the settings to your liking then use File Operations > Save As... to store the updated BIOS to your PC.  Upload it to your Xbox and reflash it to your TSOP or modchip.

If you have a Winbond or Sharp TSOP, they require different software or an additional wire soldered to the motherboard as well as the write-enable bridges soldered to update/flash the new BIOS to them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KaosEngineer said:

Slayer's Evox Installer Disc.  An old installer disc built around the evox replacement dashboard.

• Borg Disc Installer
  • TruHeXEn
  • OGXbox Installer 2021
  • etc.

To change the eject ring color back to green, the logo colors, remove the EvoX shield from the startup animation, disable DVD Drive Check, etc.; you will need to use EVTool v1.0.9 to edit Evolution-X's M8plus BIOS settings.

760380485_EvoxM8plus_16EVToolSettingsChangesfromdistroversion.PNG.49b5ed212fab6cdd555218d2c0390642.PNG

Run Evoxdash's Backup Operation to save the current BIOS to the hard drive.  A bios.bin file will be stored in the Backup subfolder where evoxdash is running from on your Xbox (e.g., C:\evoxdash.xbe will save it and several other files in C:\Backup\).

Download the file from the Xbox to your PC then use the File Operations > Open... to load the bios.bin file into the app.  The BIOS's current settings will be shown in EVTool. Change the settings to your liking then use File Operations > Save As... to store the updated BIOS to your PC.  Upload it to your Xbox and reflash it to your TSOP or modchip.

If you have a Winbond or Sharp TSOP, they require different software or an additional wire soldered to the motherboard as well as the write-enable bridges soldered to update/flash the new BIOS to them.

I believe its a TSOP-ed Xbox, I opened it up and found no modchip, also I reformated the HDD with Hexen 2018 yesterday and it said "if its a softmodded xbox it will delete softmod and won't be able to boot this disc anymore" but it still booted after the formating.

Bios: I dont really know, BIOS checker gives me only "Unknown" result, Chip type it says: "Hynix - HY29F080", XBPartitioner says: "LBA48 patch v3" and Hexen says its a 1.0 Xbox (also the GPU has a fan, as far as I know only 1.0 version xboxes have that)

In EvoX dash it says: Kernel: 1.00.5838.01 and EvolutionX V+3935

Edited by JohnnyHUN

1 hour ago, KaosEngineer said:

• Borg Disc Installer
  • TruHeXEn
  • OGXbox Installer 2021
  • etc.

Well, I flashed the BIOS to this Evox M8+, and the boot logo went back to the original one, and the circle is green by default, so I guess I don't have to do anything else, but good to know how to modify it if I want in the future. Thank you!

1 hour ago, JohnnyHUN said:

Well, I flashed the BIOS to this Evox M8+, and the boot logo went back to the original one, and the circle is green by default, so I guess I don't have to do anything else, but good to know how to modify it if I want in the future. Thank you!

If you used the xbins' distribution version of M8plus, it doesn't have the LBA48 v3 patch installed.

Run XBPartitioner v1.3 again to make sure that the version you have flashed still displays LBA48 v3 in the top left box.

1 hour ago, JohnnyHUN said:

I believe its a TSOP-ed Xbox, I opened it up and found no modchip, also I reformated the HDD with Hexen 2018 yesterday and it said "if its a softmodded xbox it will delete softmod and won't be able to boot this disc anymore" but it still booted after the formating.

Bios: I dont really know, BIOS checker gives me only "Unknown" result, Chip type it says: "Hynix - HY29F080", XBPartitioner says: "LBA48 patch v3" and Hexen says its a 1.0 Xbox (also the GPU has a fan, as far as I know only 1.0 version xboxes have that)

In EvoX dash it says: Kernel: 1.00.5838.01 and EvolutionX V+3935

With a modified BIOS - any change made from an original untouched/settings modded BIOS will have a different MD5 hash value.  The hash value is the way BIOS Checker, Evoxdash, XBMC4Xbox ID a BIOs.  There's a file that contains the name associated with every BIOS.  If you use EVTool to change a setting,, you need to keep track of the MD5 hash and add it to the configuration file for each app so it can show the name of the BIOS.  

The kernerl version for most BIOSes has a different value so you can tell which BIOS you have.  However, Evox M8, M8plus and the stock v1.6 Xbox BIOS all have the same kernel value 1.0.5838.1. :(

Fan on GPU

Yes, only v1.0 Xbox's have a fan on the GPU.

4 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

If you used the xbins' distribution version of M8plus, it doesn't have the LBA48 v3 patch installed.

Run XBPartitioner v1.3 again to make sure that the version you have flashed still displays LBA48 v3 in the top left box.

yes I can see "LBA48 v3" sign in XBPartitioner 1.3. I installed M8+ from the Hexen 2018 disc, the F ang G version despite I have a 250 gb hdd now with 16 kb hash, a guy in a video said if I install F only version than later I have to flash the BIOS again to F and G

On 4/16/2022 at 3:31 PM, JohnnyHUN said:

yes I can see "LBA48 v3" sign in XBPartitioner 1.3. I installed M8+ from the Hexen 2018 disc, the F ang G version despite I have a 250 gb hdd now with 16 kb hash, a guy in a video said if I install F only version than later I have to flash the BIOS again to F and G

Ok, the Evox M8plus BIOSes on Hexen 2018 have been processed by EVTool v1.0.9 which added the LBA48 v3 patch.

With either 06 or 67 with the LBA48 v3 patch present, you don't have to use a different M8plus BIOS at a later time for a larger hard drive that is partitioned/formatted with XBPartitioner v1.3 as long as you make sure that the Start button operation is set to Write Table & Format. The Start button operation is displayed in the app's upper right-hand section of the screen.

If a partition table is present on the hard drive, its partition settings override the BIOS's default LBA48 settings.