OGXbox.com

Hello from Argentina!

ochentay4

Hi, I just wanted to present myself. I currently have 5 OGXBOX, 1 which is DEAD (broken motherboard), 1 softmodded, 1 chipped, and 2 TSOPed. Currently trying to standarize all my Xboxes so its easier for me to swap, recover, and install stuff. Thanks for the forum, I'll post some questions later.

1st question
Which is the easiest way to prepare a hard drive? 
My idea is to connect them to the PC, format them with some software, and preload minimum required files to boot (and maybe some games) and the put the hard drive on ANY Xbox which BIOS is modified and as far as I know does not require to lock the HDD.
How can I do that? All my DVDRom drives are dead as a brick.

4 hours ago, ochentay4 said:

I managed to flash "EvoX m8+ noDVD" on 2 of my xboxes, both work fine, and "EvoX m8+ noDVD 480p" on another 1.6 (which currently doesnt work as it gets stuck on XBOX cyan logo). I'm trying to figure out whats going on.

Managed to boot Hexen 2021 with the only DVDdrive the reads something, and prepared the hd like new, and now it boots correctly. Still gives me the problem I posted in the other thread that it wont boot unless dvddrive is connected despite having flashed noDVD bioses (several in fact) as posted here: 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2022 at 4:01 PM, ochentay4 said:

1st question
Which is the easiest way to prepare a hard drive? 
My idea is to connect them to the PC, format them with some software, and preload minimum required files to boot (and maybe some games) and the put the hard drive on ANY Xbox which BIOS is modified and as far as I know does not require to lock the HDD.
How can I do that? All my DVDRom drives are dead as a brick.

Install a modchip or reflash the TSOP on v1.0-1.4 Xboxes with a modified Xbox BIOS.  You are correct a modified BIOS does not require the hard drive to be locked.  Edit: With a dead edit: DVD drive (or a hard drive for that matter), softmodding to be able perform a TSOP reflash is going to be a pain to do.  Install a modchip.

Read Hazeno's tutorial on how to prepare a new hard drive for the Xbox.

Download and install .NET 6 Desktop runtime and FATXplorer 3.0 Beta from the following web page:

Best to use a current SATA hard drive instead of an old IDE one.  You'll also need an IDE-to-SATA adapter and an 80-wire 40-pin high-speed IDE cable.

• Like 1