OGXbox.com

Why I can't transfer certain games through FTP ?

JohnnyHUN

I tried to transfer games from xbox1 to an other xbox2 through FTP, and there were some games that can't be transferred. Tried to copy to PC from xbox1 then send from PC to xbox2, same result. Xbox1 did not have problem transfering the files before, I tried with an other xbox(3), xbox3 did not have problem either recieving this game. What is wrong with xbox2? Xbox1 has 2tb hdd, just like xbox2, xbox3 has only 250 gb.

I did not mod xbox1, but I did upgraded xbox2 to the 2 tb HDD. At first I could not make a G drive, I had to upgrade the BIOS with hexen2018, then I could create G drive. It did not say what kind of BIOS i am flashing, I just selected the 256kb flash, then went to the "1.6 and 1.6b" menu and selected (f and g) option. 

I tried with multiple FTP client, flashfxp,filezilla,total commander, same result. Tried with different FTP client on xbox2, xbmc,unleashx,hexen ftp, dvd2xbox, some game that had problem previously could be transferred with dvd2xbox ftp, but that one failed too. The game is called "Csi - Crime Scene Investigation" but I am sure there are lot more games that will have problem while transfering. When I try to transfer CSI some files goes through and some can't be transferred, and flashfxp says "[13:32:37] [R] CWD /F/Games/Csi - Crime Scene Investigation/DATA/English/Shared
[13:32:37] [R] 553 "/F/Games/Csi - Crime Scene Investigation/DATA/English/Shared": Directory not found."

What can be the problem? Bad BIOS? I read that that "evox m8 plus" is the way to go, I dont know if I have this one or not, but I also read that this bios itself is not good because it does not support LBA48, and has to be modded... Is there a download link for the modded "evox m8 plus" with lba48 patch? And how do I have to install that? Through hexen? Can I do it without burning dvd?

Thanks

Also, some game listed weird, in theory they are transferred completly, but some of them appears as blank folders, others with weird characters

https://imgur.com/cV8gQWm

https://imgur.com/jfoN2uE

Edited by JohnnyHUN

Install then run the Xbox application XBPartitioner v1.3 to verify that the hard drive is properly formatted/partitioned.

First, does it display an error message upon startup stating that LBA48 support is not found in the BIOS?

If so, press (Y) on the controller to continue and report back that the error occurred.

Next, make sure that the LBA48 patch version shown in the top left box is v2 or later.

Finally, verify that ER is not displayed in the red outlined box shown below next to each extended partition's size.

5b805f6c42b12_XBPartitionerv1.3PartitionListERAreaRedOutline.png.22d105275cc93e9e5f9556c68db73938.png

4 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Install then run the Xbox application XBPartitioner v1.3 to verify that the hard drive is properly formatted/partitioned.

First, does it display an error message upon startup stating that LBA48 support is not found in the BIOS?

If so, press (Y) on the controller to continue and report back that the error occurred.

Next, make sure that the LBA48 patch version shown in the top left box is v2 or later.

Finally, verify that ER is not displayed in the red outlined box shown below next to each extended partition's size.

5b805f6c42b12_XBPartitionerv1.3PartitionListERAreaRedOutline.png.22d105275cc93e9e5f9556c68db73938.png

It says "lba48 patch v3" and I do have an ER written in that red block. I partitioned my 2 tb hdd with this XBpartitioner, 50:50%, I don't get it why it gave now an ER :/ In my perfectly working xbox I use the exact same 2tb HDD I am using in this one. 

https://imgur.com/9fkLvNx

Edited by JohnnyHUN

4 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

I think I found the problem... The cluster size was not 64k, it was something else. I re-formated F and G with the 64kb cluster, and now I could transfer the file.

Thank you for pointing the problem ! 

7 hours ago, JohnnyHUN said:

It says "lba48 patch v3" and I do have an ER written in that red block. I partitioned my 2 tb hdd with this XBpartitioner, 50:50%, I don't get it why it gave now an ER :/ In my perfectly working xbox I use the exact same 2tb HDD I am using in this one. 

https://imgur.com/9fkLvNx

Move up to each extended partition, 7 and 6, take note of the cluster size in use for it.  The cluster size will appear in the bottom section of XBPartitioner's main screen.

Cluster Size vs. Maximum properly supported partition size

16KB - 256GBs
32KB - 512GBs
64KB - 1,024GBs (1TB)

If the wrong cluster size is configured for an extended partition, ER is displayed next to its size.

7 hours ago, JohnnyHUN said:

I think I found the problem... The cluster size was not 64k, it was something else. I re-formated F and G with the 64kb cluster, and now I could transfer the file.

Thank you for pointing the problem ! 

Great!

To format larger than 256GB extended partitions - they require 32KB or 64KB clusters, you must use XBPartitioner v1.3 to format them.

I believe UnleashX and other replacement dashboards (evoxdash) only support formatting with 16KB clusters which works well for stock partitions 1-5 and extended partitions on hard drives up to 250GBs (F only, no G) to 500GBs (F and G) in size.

1 hour ago, KaosEngineer said:

Great!

To format larger than 256GB extended partitions - they require 32KB or 64KB clusters, you must use XBPartitioner v1.3 to format them.

I believe UnleashX and other replacement dashboards (evoxdash) only support formatting with 16KB clusters which works well for stock partitions 1-5 and extended partitions on hard drives up to 250GBs (F only, no G) to 500GBs (F and G) in size.

I used XBpartitioner 1.3 when I first formated the HDD, Hexen2018 dropped me there automatically, but I just pressed "format table" but then I didn't format the F and G indivdually, it seems like XBpartitioner is not detecting the size of the HDD and because of this it formats to the wrong cluster.

6 hours ago, JohnnyHUN said:

I used XBpartitioner 1.3 when I first formated the HDD, Hexen2018 dropped me there automatically, but I just pressed "format table" but then I didn't format the F and G indivdually, it seems like XBpartitioner is not detecting the size of the HDD and because of this it formats to the wrong cluster.

You may have to select each extended partition and decrease its size by 1GB, move to the next and do the same.  Use the left or right trigger decreases/increases the size of the partition. 

while each extended partition is highlighted, check the size of the cluster's it will be formatted with.  For a larger than 512GB partition, the cluster size should be stated as 64KB.

Next, press Start to execute the Write Table & Format command.

Reboot the console.  Run XBPartitioner again but this time increase the size of partition6 and 7 back to their original size. Press Start to have the app format them again.  Reboot, and one last time run XBPartitioner to verify that the two extended partitions are in-fact using 64KB clusters and I believe for a 2TB drive their equally split sizes should both be 927.78GBs.

Make sure that the