OGXbox.com

XBmc4gamers Hd Layout Won't Stifck

Hello guys, I'm very new to the xbox modding scene and i'm having an issue.

So far everything works great on my setup,

5bb25c76d17f5_WhatsAppImage2018-10-01at12_34.45PM(3).thumb.jpeg.fd279ce9e81aa1dcc32e1c8d7215fd41.jpeg

however the display settings won't stay in 1080i after powering off the system.
anytime I turn my xbox on it goes to NTSC 4:3 (480ish or even less?)

5bb25b9bc6ad1_WhatsAppImage2018-10-01at12_34_45PM.thumb.jpeg.d1f42ed9c67ca75c187e1903f108a9a3.jpeg

and when i check the settings, the video output options tend to be disabled even tho i had enabled them previously (480p, 720p, not 1080i, however it doesn't work).

5bb25ba8628fa_WhatsAppImage2018-10-01at12_34.45PM(1).thumb.jpeg.aa6a6765cf463d52c82b922981c94bdc.jpeg

and the ONLY WAY to get my HD layout back is to go into the original Xbox Dashboard (c: > xboxdash.xbe) and enable the 3 video outputs from there (again)
5bb25c0c5d993_WhatsAppImage2018-10-01at12_34.45PM(2).thumb.jpeg.a1d53bfabdae9f8c1915e9cafc26136d.jpeg

How can I fix this?
Could it be that the original dashboard is not holding its settings?
Does the original Xbox have a CMOS battery or something?

What am I missing?

:(

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide guys.

I'm not sure why that's happening. Maybe change that video aspect setting from "normal" to "widescreen"? However I'd like to advise against enabling 1080i anyway. 1080i is very taxing on the Xbox, often slows down the dashboard and is utterly useless anyway as only about six games even support it.

Best to enable widescreen, 480p and maybe 720p if you really like a 16:9 dashboard (there aren't that many 720p supported games either).

Edited by Forlorn Penguin

9 hours ago, Forlorn Penguin said:

I'm not sure why that's happening. Maybe change that video aspect setting from "normal" to "widescreen"? However I'd like to advise against enabling 1080i anyway. 1080i is very taxing on the Xbox, often slows down the dashboard and is utterly useless anyway as only about six games even support it.

Best to enable widescreen, 480p and maybe 720p if you really like a 16:9 dashboard (there aren't that many 720p supported games either).

Hey Forlorn! 
Decreased setings to 720p, I do see a images loading faster than before, thanks!
(sorry double post, didnt quote before)

4 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

The settings in UnleashX are SAFE. Meaning they only change the in-memory settings and are lost when you reboot.

They do not get written to the configuration EEPROM on the motherboard.  To have them permanently saved to the EEPROM, use the MS dashboard.

Hello Kaos!
But the thing I been updating it through MS Dashboard before. No idea if its the correct one tho.
I been accessing it through file manager > c: > xdashboard.xbe I think.
After enabling the video outputs I reset via- back+start+l+r

Guys it's fixed!!!

After reading KaosEngineer comment, I figured one dash has to be writting to the EEPROM (1. MS Dashboard wasn't doing it,  2. I got this xbox premodded and has many dashboards inside)

So after opening them all in their different locations, I bumped into this a Biohazard dash stored in R:>Rescuedash>default.xbe

5bb39f7844cb3_WhatsAppImage2018-10-02at11_33.30AM(1).thumb.jpeg.1414be4bb769832191b377db3ac224c0.jpeg

That was the only one that didn't have the video outputs enabled. After activating them... boom!! 
the issue got fixed
5bb39fc10b670_WhatsAppImage2018-10-02at11_34.24AM(1).thumb.jpeg.38d12ef12ba8eda5055d1baef8db6234.jpeg

Thank you very much guys!

• 2 years later...

I have everything set to widescreen and HD resolutions enabled in my main dashboard but XBMC4Gamers still starts in 4:3, even though the settings in it are for 720p in appearance and widescreen in video settings. Changing the resolution back and forth allows it to go to widescreen so I don't know why it can't just boot in widescreen mode when the settings should dictate this.

Also, if I want to keep XBMC4Gamers in 4:3, all of the assets are squeezed as if they're supposed to be stretched for widescreen. For this case I have every single setting possible set to normal and 4:3 and it still does this, so I can't really win with this program.

Edited by TrantaLocked

You need to set the video settings in the eeprom 1st as each program/game looks there for what video setting it can use

Try using Enigmah Switcher to make sure the Xbox is set to NTSC and then you can use the M$ dash to set the wide screen  and enable 480p, 720p it is advisable to not enable 1080i as there is not enough memory to fully support it..

I have used Xblast to change the video setting as well.

8 hours ago, TrantaLocked said:

Also, if I want to keep XBMC4Gamers in 4:3, all of the assets are squeezed as if they're supposed to be stretched for widescreen. For this case I have every single setting possible set to normal and 4:3 and it still does this, so I can't really win with this program.

I think XBMC4Gamer looks fine in widescreen

This is on a 32inch non brand name LCD using a wii2hdmi (component)

IMG_20200905_044650.jpg.497bf091f10ffe985cc40e170b29ece4.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

6 hours ago, SS_Dave said:

You need to set the video settings in the eeprom 1st as each program/game looks there for what video setting it can use

Try using Enigmah Switcher to make sure the Xbox is set to NTSC and then you can use the M$ dash to set the wide screen  and enable 480p, 720p it is advisable to not enable 1080i as there is not enough memory to fully support it..

I have used Xblast to change the video setting as well.

I think XBMC4Gamer looks fine in widescreen

This is on a 32inch non brand name LCD using a wii2hdmi (component)

IMG_20200905_044650.jpg.497bf091f10ffe985cc40e170b29ece4.jpg

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

Yes everything is set to widescreen including in the ms dash. Every place that it can be set, it is set to widescreen 720p enabled, but then XBMC4gamers starts in 4:3 even though it is set to 720p, and switching back and forth resolutions makes 720p actually show widescreen. I don't know why that is or how to fix it because it doesn't make any sense, that the setting is not CHANGING it just isn't working at bootup until I manually change it back and forth.

Yes the assets looks good in widescreen, but they are squished in 4:3 for me (this is with ms dash in normal mode with only 480p, all dashboards in normal mode with 480p when I use XBMC4gamers in 4:3 mode), so all of the artwork looks bad in 4:3. So 4:3 is ugly because everything is compressed, and widescreen doesn't work unless I go into the settings every single boot and switch resolutions. So again, this program does not work for me. I looked at the artwork and can see they are not natively compressed, XBMC is doing that to them in 4:3 mode.

If I can't practically use widescreen because the setting for widescreen doesn't work at startup, then I'd prefer to just use 4:3, but then the assets are squished in 4:3 mode so everything is ugly. I have checked everything, trust me there isn't anything I did wrong in any settings.

Edited by TrantaLocked

It was the same thing with both the version with the extras disc and when I updated. I was able to get widescreen to stick by booting directly into it rather than launching as an application, and I have it set to black button on startup in the dashboard launch config application from the extras disc. 4:3 still doesn't show assets correctly though.

18 hours ago, TrantaLocked said:

It was the same thing with both the version with the extras disc and when I updated. I was able to get widescreen to stick by booting directly into it rather than launching as an application, and I have it set to black button on startup in the dashboard launch config application from the extras disc. 4:3 still doesn't show assets correctly though.

Try from a different dashboard, UnleashX, deleting the E:\UDATA\0FACE008 and E:\TDATA\0FACE008 folders then run XBMC4Gamers.