OGXbox.com

DLC issue evident after installing MS Dash into Dualboot

retta283

Got my first modded box, latest Rocky5 with UnleashX. Immediately I installed my DLC, which worked fine. I then decided I wanted to try the MS dash on it, tried just downloading the files online and running it (failed, error 16 but didn't cause any issues I could tell.) but then FTPed the Rocky5 extras and installed the dash this way. Then I dualbooted, but I chose 'No' on install UnleashX as second dash, and I didn't find an 'Alt Dashboard' folder. I uninstalled the dualboot and redid it with 'Yes'. Deleted UnleashX .xbe in the Alt folder and copied/renamed the MS dash into there. Dual boot works perfect. However, I popped in some games and all my DLC is nonfunctional.

I noticed that in the MS dash memory manager, the DLC appears but the icons have a small green arrow in the corner. Normally this would be a checkmark. I was able to (without uninstalling the DLC) use the DLC installers again and fix all of my DLC. Green checks appear in MS dash now and all is well. I'm just curious if there is a chance somewhere along this line that I unsigned the DLC or something, or if this points to a larger issue that I will have again. I do not plan to do anything further but play games and rip CDs with this console, I just want peace of mind that this is not likely to break itself on its own again. If any of this is confusing, I can try to explain or show some pictures.