OGXbox.com

Bios problems with 1.0 Xbox?

Wajz

Hello all.  First post here as I just got into modding xbox's.  Picked up two og xbox's, one is a 1.6 and the other a 1.0.  I did a full recap on the 1.6 board and power supply and replaced the dvd drive belt.  Also installed a 500gb hard drive, installed a new dashboard and lastly installed MakeMHZ's HDMI board with OpenXenium mod chip.  And to my surprise every worked perfect with little to no issues.  However, this 1.0 has some problems.  System wouldn't boot at all at, also tried booting from a  dvd using hexen with no luck.  So I installed a OpenXenium mod chip and it booted right up to the Xenium OS.  So I figured I was good to go, I installed a the IND 5003.67 BIOS since it would be compatible with the 128mb ram upgrade for the console.  So this is where I may have messed up, I just installed all 4 ram chips at the same time instead of testing after each one.  Now systems turns on and off.. on and off again then on and stays on with a green ring but no picture.  However if I press the eject once it stays on it launches into either Xenium OS or the IND BIOS..  Not sure how that makes sense, seems to be random.  I would think if the ram was installed wrong or shorted I wouldn't even get this far??  I was even able to ftp over Capcom vs SNK 2 and it played fine..  I'm thinking maybe something's up with the stock BIOS?  I bridged the pins on the board to do a tsop thinking that might solve my problem but I don't think I have anyway to flash to the stock chip since I can only boot from a modchip..  Sorry for the long read, I'm just lost at this point.  Hoping someone has some suggestions or can make sense of any of this.  Also I attached a link for pics of my ram install, maybe I'm missing something? Thanks guys

Justin

https://imgur.com/a/Q2F8Cqh

When you installed the modchip in the v1.0 Xbox, did you remove the extra jumper (solder strap) from the modchip that is required for it to work in a v1.6 Xbox?

1677547846_OpenXeniumjumperrequiredforv1.6install-leaveoffforallothermotherboardrevisions.png.d6eabe54487fedfaf046593ef2070352.png

Image edited from Source: https://github.com/Ryzee119/OpenXenium - 20191018_212705.jpg (1920×886) (raw.githubusercontent.com)

Install a solder bridge/wire between the 1.6 marked pads for Xbox v1.6 installation.  Make sure it is not present for v1.0-1.4 installations.