OGXbox.com

1.4 Windbond

Lexieye

Please help I cannot flash this XBOX

I have tinted both point but when I try to flash with HEXEN2020 it says MODCHIP NOT SUPPORTED

i have tried to test it by flashing a non windbond/sharp option and it says that the chip is flashable 

I have very little equipment so using the HEXEN CD is my only option at this point

18 hours ago, Lexieye said:

I have tinted both point but when I try to flash with HEXEN2020 it says MODCHIP NOT SUPPORTED

i have tried to test it by flashing a non windbond/sharp option and it says that the chip is flashable 

I have very little equipment so using the HEXEN CD is my only option at this point

Is Hexen 2020 starting XBlastOS to flash the Winbond TSOP?

I believe XBlastOS states that the modchip is not supported for all non-XBlast modchips.  Continue with flashing the TSOP anyway.

ASqp2HK.png

Image source: https://www.xbmc4xbox.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=42720&sid=5ee27c4a56f9f9d63f164a5acca34bfa#p42720 

19 hours ago, Lexieye said:

Use Gentoox Loader or XBlastOS to flash a Winbond TSOP.  You can FTP them to your Xbox's hard drive.  They don't have to be loaded from a HEXEN CD.

What does BIOS Checker 5.0 report as @MadMartigan mentioned above?

• Like 2

Thank you for all the help.

I took the main board out because I decided to ModChip it instead

i think she’s going to die anyway as I’ve just noticed 3 capacitors are crowning

This Xbox will be added to the stack of many things I have to be fixed until the unseen future

8A271BE6-DDB7-45C9-9A4D-0E57ED3892F0.jpeg

37 minutes ago, Lexieye said:

i think she’s going to die anyway as I’ve just noticed 3 capacitors are crowning

This Xbox will be added to the stack of many things I have to be fixed until the unseen future

then why not just replace this 3 cap? But if its not leaking after 20 years why you worry about minor things like that? 

3 hours ago, JohnnyHUN said:

then why not just replace this 3 cap? But if its not leaking after 20 years why you worry about minor things like that? 

Bad capacitors are not a “minor” thing though. It’s only a matter of time before the caps bust and we all should know by now where that ends. Look at the way they are bulging already. Using the console will do nothing but speed that process up. I do totally agree that it’s time to change them all out and not just those 3. 

On 4/8/2022 at 4:49 PM, JohnnyHUN said:

Because capacitors blow up? I would have to get a like for like capacitor (something I know nothing about) and my soldering skills are really really bad!

like I said it will be kept for spares and maybe in the future completed as a whole unit

1 hour ago, Lexieye said:

Because capacitors blow up? I would have to get a like for like capacitor (something I know nothing about) and my soldering skills are really really bad!

like I said it will be kept for spares and maybe in the future completed as a whole unit

Caps dont blow up like dynamite, worst thing can happen is they will leak electrolite that can damage traces in your motherboard. And its really not a big deal changing them, I had 0 previous soldering experience and still managed to do it :D

Edited by JohnnyHUN

15 hours ago, JohnnyHUN said:

Caps dont blow up like dynamite, worst thing can happen is they will leak electrolite that can damage traces in your motherboard. And its really not a big deal changing them, I had 0 previous soldering experience and still managed to do it :D

The last 3-4 comments you’ve had in threads besides your own, have basically been asking the OP why they don’t just fix their problem. They are here for assistance on said problems just like you are in your threads. Please don’t ridicule people and post comments that are not an attempt at adding to the solution. I’m sorry if I seem rude, I am not trying to be in saying this, but that is not a good pattern to see in comments. 

Edited by MadMartigan
Wording

• 4 months later...
On 4/8/2022 at 4:10 PM, Lexieye said:

I want to repair this XBox but am pretty novice about the mathematical part of the insulation so if I buy these capacitors will they work? https://www.pchub.com/nichicon-capacitor-electrolytic-50v-63v-3300uf-10x25mm-height-p84042

5 hours ago, Lexieye said:

I want to repair this XBox but am pretty novice about the mathematical part of the insulation so if I buy these capacitors will they work? https://www.pchub.com/nichicon-capacitor-electrolytic-50v-63v-3300uf-10x25mm-height-p84042

The listing states less than 50 Volts (very ambiguous) then goes on to state 6.3 Volts.  

Edit: I think I figured out their listing.  It's based on which category of their store it fits into.  This 6.3Vdc rated Nichicon 3300microFarad fits into the following subcategory:

One thing I don't like in the listing is the item condition : USED

Do they have others that are NEW?

============================================================================

•  
  •  

I don't know they are selling only 6.3Vdc rated capacitors as pictured (which are rated for <50 Volts) or if you will get a mix of capacitors with several different voltage ratings.  The problem with a voltage rating too much larger than the current capacitor's rating is that the capacitor's dimensions change. The diameter is usually greater as well as the height; therefore, the higher voltage rated cap may not fit in the space available. And, the leads are larger in diameter and the spacing between them greater which will most likely not fit the printed circuit board's current mounting holes.

I suggest obtaining new capacitors from either Mouser.com or Digikey.com

Panasonic FR series - Part# EEU-FR0J332L

or

Rubycon ZLJ Series - Part# 6.3ZLJ3300M10X25

If you are recapping the entire set of electrolytic caps on the motherboard, take a look at the recapping kits available from console5.com:

Microsoft Xbox Original Cap Kit - v1.0 through v1.6 - OG Xbox (console5.com)

• Thanks 1