OGXbox.com

Missing Video Options

WildZeo

Sorry if this is a total noob question but I couldn't find any info when I searched,

Looking through various HDMI mods and converter threads I see peoples video options on the MS dash having settings for 480p, 720p and 1080i but when I look in my video options they aren't there. I only have Screen size -  Normal, Widescreen etc. and PAL 60 on/off. I assumed this was because I had to connect to my TV via a Scart cable as that's all I have on both my consoles.

I've just received a Pound HD-Link cable and hooked it up but I still don't have these options available. I've looked on both my TSOP'd 1.3 and my currently stock 1.6 and neither of them seem to have these options. Changing the options in the system of the TSOP kit doesn't seem to make any difference either. Am I just being blind and missing something obvious;?

did you try enable the video modes in the MS dash (what you are describing sounds likt the unleashx video settings) , they only show up if you have the HD cables pulugged in?  did you switch your box to pal instead of NTSC (i only use NTSC so i'm not sure), maybe that makes a difference... just throwing out ideas

Edited by Kekule
re-read the post

Yes of course, but I'm not getting the video options when I'm using the Pound HD-Link which is HD capable (or so I thought). It appears this one is defective though so I'll see if the options appear with a composite cable when it arrives, might just be because this cable is borked that I'm not seeing the options.

25 minutes ago, WildZeo said:

I'll see if the options appear with a composite cable when it arrives

Of course they won't, because as was stated, HD cables need to be hooked up in order for it to display HD settings. Composite is not HD.

10 hours ago, WildZeo said:

The Stock 1.6 is PAL so that's a dead end as I don't think there's a legit way to change the region lock that I can find yet.

What do you mean? Just mod the console to remove the region lock. Or by "region lock" do you actually mean the video mode? If so, just mod it and use Enigmah-X to change the video mode.

• Like 1

Ah right, I'd only changed the video mode in the system settings and not used Enigmah to properly change it! I now see the options when using the Pound adaptor, shame it still keeps cutting out every few seconds.

So what are the options for HD cables other than the Pound one? I thought there was a composite cable and adaptor that worked for HD?

Thanks for the help I'm learning slowly!

4 hours ago, WildZeo said:

Yes of course, but I'm not getting the video options when I'm using the Pound HD-Link which is HD capable (or so I thought). It appears this one is defective though so I'll see if the options appear with a composite cable when it arrives, might just be because this cable is borked that I'm not seeing the options.

You can't use the HD options until you switch video modes to NTSC.  It won't work with PAL setup.

The Pound cable can only output 480i or 576i to your TV when in PAL mode. And, it might not convert PAL video signals correctly. 

The HD Link cable may only work properly with input of a NTSC video signal. 

Try modding the console and switching to NTSC video output mode.  The loss of signal every couple seconds may disappear once NTSC signals are output for conversion to HDMI.

Edited by KaosEngineer
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, WildZeo said:

So what are the options for HD cables other than the Pound one? I thought there was a composite cable and adaptor that worked for HD?

MS released two different options.  A High Definition AV pack:

DFN9NoQ.jpg

that came with a set of RGB RCA cables (most sell used without these) and a component cable:

uGzoSle.png

HD  - component.

SD - composite.

In the UK or for PAL consoles, there was no HD option.

Edited by KaosEngineer
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/26/2018 at 5:23 AM, WildZeo said:

Ah right, I'd only changed the video mode in the system settings and not used Enigmah to properly change it! I now see the options when using the Pound adaptor, shame it still keeps cutting out every few seconds.

i think you are meaning to say "component' not composite.

the cheap eBay ones work fine, the odd time I've had interference. (not a big deal for the most part)

https://www.ebay.com/b/Microsoft-Xbox-Video-Game-Component-YPbPr-Cables-Adapters/171814/bn_3144376

a stickler will claim they are junk, but they give HD output which is much better than standard AV.