OGXbox.com

Turns self on when turn on at all (after being turned off for ~20minutes)

PainToad

Spent the last few weeks modding the thing and just noticed this :(

Besides from trace rot (which I don't have the skills or time to fix), could it be anything else I can try?

It happens even with the AV cable disconnected, so it's not that short circuiting.

Thanks heaps guys.

Edited by PainToad

2 hours ago, PainToad said:

Spent the last few weeks modding the thing and just noticed this :(

Besides from trace rot (which I don't have the skills or time to fix), could it be anything else I can try?

It happens even with the AV cable disconnected, so it's not that short circuiting.

Thanks heaps guys.

Read my reply in another thread:

I gave the underside of the clock cap and the traces around the area a good clean with a tooth brush and isopropyl.

At first, it still turned on immediately, but this time it was worse; restarting itself continually while flashing red and green on the power light and no AV output.

I thought I completely broke it.

Reconnected the HDD and DVD drives.

Now it seems perfect with no more auto power ons/offs.

I'm guessing the initial problems were due to isopropyl not being completely dry on the mobo somewhere.

On 3/25/2022 at 7:43 AM, KaosEngineer said:

Yes. 

8 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

The hard drive and DVD drive have to be connected.  If not, the console will FRAG since a major system component is not found by the BIOS when it looks for it.

Sorry, I wasn’t very clear. By reconnect I meant disconnect and connect again. When the Xbox was having issues on first boot after being cleaned, both the DVD and HDD where connected.