OGXbox.com

Flubber Flutter

psnap777

I've got a v1.0 tsoped XBOX with a 1tb hard drive in it. There is about 600gb of space free. Recently, the microsoft flubber screen began to stutter when starting my XBOX. It never used to do this. I connected a different hard drive to the system and it started up without stuttering. Any idea what causes this? Is there some sort of maintenance that should be done on these systems once in a while to prevent this? Is my hard drive going bad? Thanks.

Thanks Kaos. I think you are right. I’m going to install a new one today. Do you know if there is a way to make an image file of the XBOX hard drive that could be used to load onto other hard drives for other TSOP Ed Xbox’s after I get everything set up the way ai want it? Or would I just have to use chimp to clone the hard drive?

6 hours ago, psnap777 said:

Thanks Kaos. I think you are right. I’m going to install a new one today. Do you know if there is a way to make an image file of the XBOX hard drive that could be used to load onto other hard drives for other TSOP Ed Xbox’s after I get everything set up the way ai want it? Or would I just have to use chimp to clone the hard drive?

Using Chimp is the easy way for doing 1 system at a time.

You can use software like HDDGuru's Raw Copy Tool to save a disk image that can be restored to a new HDD of the same size or larger.  The problem with this method is the partitions will only be the same size as on the original drive.  They cannot be expanded to fit a new larger HDD.

Edited by KaosEngineer
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Sounds like the HDD is going bad.

The flubber animation isn't linked to the hard drive at all, in fact it's compiled directly into the kernel. I do agree it's weird you'd see problems with 1 type of hard driver over another but it shouldn't effect the boot animation at all. Could be related to power draw?

Edited by eeksdee

On 9/24/2018 at 10:45 PM, KaosEngineer said:

The BIOS is trying to access the HDD and DVD during boot up.  If the device does not respond at as quickly as expected, I think that's when the stutter occurs.

right, sorry KE, i kinda flaked on the communication.

i also had a bad hdd that did it for a bit... i think also having the partition scheme wrong has done it to me. where xbox is looking for F only and you have F&G setting in bios.... does that make sense?