OGXbox.com

I have Broken My DVD2Xbox app - Can I fix it via FTP?

Sir Philipe

Hi,

So just the other day, i got a new 2TB Hard installed into my Modded Xbox and I was about to start copying games to my xbox but was having issues with the DVD Drive not recognising any disks any more.  While this was happening I decided to play around with the Skin on my installation of DVD2Xbox.  I ended up choosing Windows XP Skin.

Now the Application starts up with the application splash screen and then goes to a black screen.  I am assuming that the skin isn't installed or is broken, so I am getting a black screen.  Is there a way to find and fix a config file for dvd2xbox via FTP?  and if so how?

Yes, download the dvd2xbox.xml file and look for an entry that changes the skin setting.

I only have the default skin folder, Project_Mayhem_III, present in the app's skins subfolder.

There's no such line in my console's XML file to select a different skin; however, Project_Mayhem_III is the default.

Which folders are present in the app's skins folder on your console?

Hmm, it doesn't seem to store the skin configuration in the dvd2xbox.xml file.

Looks like it gets stored in the /E/TDATA/0facfac0/metai.d2x file.

Delete that file and see if dvd2xbox changes back to the default skin.

I don't have a second skin to change to to see if doing so works.

If you have more than one subfolder in dvd2xbox's skins folder, please download them and create a ZIP or RAR archive of the contents then add the file as an attachment to a reply.

It probably won't - this is a problem I had years ago with just that DVD2Xbox skin.

I suggest clearing the E:\drive cache and any of the content in X, Y and Z but the main issue is that DVD2Xbox creates a save settings file in your game saves.

Without checking I can't remember whether the problem file is in DVD2Xbox's E:\UDATA or E:\TDATA folder so just checked and the DVD2Xbox setting file is actually in E:\TDATA DVD2Xbox folder: 0facfac0 but delete both UDATA/TDATA 0facfac0 folders just to be certain.

Shutdown and on restart you should find DVD2Xbox reverts to the default skin.

The deleted DVD2Xbox 'game' save folders will be regenerated when you use DVD2Xbox again but with default settings. If you changed any other settings you will of course need to redo those.

• Like 1