OGXbox.com

CLONE XBOX with MODCHIP

Lexieye

good greetings all

i was given a version 1.0 XBox with a Xecuter 2.6 ModChip 

it has a controller underneath so you can boot either original XBox dash or the EvolutionX (probably like a partition thing)

I couldn’t get FTP to work so used a memory card slot to get CHIMP to clone the drive

BUT

none of the games or applications carry over to the new dive?

there is 70 OG XBOX games and like every available skin ever made for EvolutionX but there not on the new 500gig Western Digital? The settings and skin have copied but none of the files.

I don’t want to keep writing again/again to the drive as it was not brand new when I got it

i am slightly above n00b level but am comfortable in any instructions you give me

file system looks normal in explorer

C://

D:// Empty

E://

F://

G://

S://

Q://

F46BF1F6-007E-4809-B213-FED92F4F0B44.jpeg

instead of running chimp from memory card i would install to the drive you are trying to clone, you can use file explorer to copy from the mem card to the apps folder, then when you run chimp there are options for particular partitions to clone or byte by byte full disk, (to select full disk you have to click the right thumbstick in i think!)

7 hours ago, Lexieye said:

file system looks normal in explorer

C://

D:// Empty

E://

F://

G://

S://

Q://

S:// will be the memory card.

If the UDD is unlocked then you can use a stand alone HDD cloner or even use Fatxplorer 3.0 Beta to copy the files from the old HDD to your PC the connect the new hard drive and Fatxplorer can format the new drive and you can then copy the files back to the new HDD.

You can even have the new HDD and the Old HDD connected to your PC and copy directly from the old to new HDD's

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

On 3/22/2022 at 5:37 PM, KaosEngineer said:

S: and Q: these are not normal drive letters that appear.  Which modified Xbox BIOS are you using?

Q: will be present if you are running XBMC4Xbox or one of its variants (e.g., XBMC4Gamers, XBMC-Emustation).

It’s the normal green flubber with Executer Rox My Box

On 3/22/2022 at 5:39 PM, KaosEngineer said:

What's the problem with FTP?

What are the IP addresses of the Xbox and the PC?  How are you connecting the Xbox and PC to your home network?

I use Filza like any other Xbox I have logged into before but Connection fails after slotted time.

I think they may have changed the login password as the user is still XBOX

Sounds like a Chimp clone problem due to the fact, as others here have suggested, it sounds from the description as if it was, somehow, run from a memory card. If it was installed then possibly something to do with that:-

Chimp 261812 [b]must[/b] be installed ie. mandatory in either one of six E:\ drive only locations on the HDD/SSD being cloned.

Read the readme that Rocky5 provides with Chimp:-

E:\applications\chimp
E:\applications\chimp loader
E:\apps\chimp
E:\apps\chimp loader
E:\chimp
E:\chimp loader

The seventy Xbox and various skins mention must be on F:\ (and G:\ if used) so was that partition actually cloned? It should have taken many hours to do that. Did it?

With an unlocked HDD, as it probably is on a chipped machine, I'd be looking at using FATXplorer on PC to resolve most and probably all of these problems and do it faster than any Xbox centred solution.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2022 at 10:36 PM, SS_Dave said:

S:// will be the memory card.

If the UDD is unlocked then you can use a stand alone HDD cloner or even use Fatxplorer 3.0 Beta to copy the files from the old HDD to your PC the connect the new hard drive and Fatxplorer can format the new drive and you can then copy the files back to the new HDD.

You can even have the new HDD and the Old HDD connected to your PC and copy directly from the old to new HDD's

Cheers

SS Dave

Soft modding is like masturbating, It gets the job done but it's nothing like the real thing.

I do totally understand your answer and have also considered this option, but I have a Linux Laptop. Wine is the Windows to Linux translator but it doesn’t understand Fatxplorer or Xplorer360 as you can’t mount FATX unless you can read write from that drive previously

13 minutes ago, HDShadow said:

Sounds like a Chimp clone problem due to the fact, as others here have suggested, it sounds from the description as if it was, somehow, run from a memory card. If it was installed then possibly something to do with that:-

Chimp 261812 [b]must[/b] be installed ie. mandatory in either one of six E:\ drive only locations on the HDD/SSD being cloned.

Read the readme that Rocky5 provides with Chimp:-

E:\applications\chimp
E:\applications\chimp loader
E:\apps\chimp
E:\apps\chimp loader
E:\chimp
E:\chimp loader

The seventy Xbox and various skins mention must be on F:\ (and G:\ if used) so was that partition actually cloned? It should have taken many hours to do that. Did it?

With an unlocked HDD, as it probably is on a chipped machine, I'd be looking at using FATXplorer on PC to resolve most and probably all of these problems and do it faster than any Xbox centred solution.

Sorry for the confusion. I moved the CHIMP files with a formatted usb over to the Xbox hard drive . Removing the usb and then running CHIMP from the Xbox itself.

21 hours ago, HDShadow said:

I have found the Files on f:// but had to be in XBMC-media-center to actually see them. There in a folder called HDDLoader. 

The modchip has 3 switches [power] [protect] [channels]

on+on+1 ModChip  E & C (xecuter rox my box)

on+on+2 (xecuter2 bios)

turn ModChip off it no longer boots properly. You have two attempts that turn off Xbox after 2 seconds each then it turns back on green light black screen no sound.

there is an application called HDDLoader that you can open to play all the games properly (exiting a game exits HDDLoader)

i have tried to install XBMC4GAMERS on f:// but when I try to set that as my main dash I get error 21. I can fix this with HEXEN2021 CD and go back to evolutionX as main dash

when I try to add more games with DVD2XBOX it only shows the C & E locations and obviously the 1 gig of space there.

XCommander R2 G: only shows C:/ & E:/

can someone please explain what the ORIGINAL modder has done?

9 minutes ago, Lexieye said:

there is an application called HDDLoader that you can open to play all the games properly (exiting a game exits HDDLoader)

HDDLoader is an application that can be used similar to DVD2Xbox that rips games from the original game disc and stores them in subfolders for itself.  The location of these subfolders is not in a normal location that other replacement dashboards look for games to be stored on the hard drive.  You can add the path where HDDLoader creates subfolders to store each game for them to find the installed games or simply run HDDLoader to run them as you mention.

1 hour ago, Lexieye said:

XCommander R2 G: only shows C:/ & E:/

Your hard drive must not have a G drive if only C and E show up with this application.  From what I recall, access to F was patched out so the G drive could be accessed.  I'll need to double check on my Xbox to make sure that's what is happening.

Edit: I did NOT recall correctly. From the patch's nfo file:

G Drive Patch for Xcommander by heinrich (h3inrich)

I took Xeero's lead and made this patch for XCommander (my file manager of choice) to use your G drive.  Like the boXplorer patch, you lose access to the Z drive.

Just use ppf-o-matic to patch default.xbe.

Thanks to the authors for a great app, and Xeero for lighting a fire under me arse :)

Access to the one of the cache drives, Z, is lost with the G patched version of XCommander R2.

C, E, F, G, X, and Y should be accessible, if available.  If you have not F and/or G drive, the BIOS/kernel the console is running does not know how to access them. Or, the drive does not have those partitions formatted to use them.

Without the G patch; C, E, X, Y and Z are accessible and if partitioned and formatted the F drive, partition 6, on the Xbox hard drive.

Hmm, I believe XCommander can also access the DVD drive's content - D drive. bbl once I run the app on my console.

Edit: Yes, it can access the DVD (D:) drive's content.

C and E are displayed by default when the application starts for the left and right-hand panes of the application.  To change the drive displayed in a particular pane, use the left or right trigger to move to the left or right pane then press the (Y) button to see the list of available drives that can be selected. Next, with the D-pad or left thumbstick, highlight the drive you wish to change to then press the (A) button for its directory listing to be displayed.

2123273003_XCommanderR2G-patchapplied(480x371).png.5a5004a1af736059c084019681bde755.png

Even though F and G are listed here, if you select it and it has not been formatted/prepared, only an empty directory listing for it will be displayed.

Edit: I suggest that you install the replacement dashboard UnleashX instead of using Evoxdash and XCommander.  UnleashX has a built-in File Manager.  There is no need to run a separate application to view the contents of the hard drive.

• Like 1

turn ModChip off it no longer boots properly.

With the chip off the original MS BIOS should launch but it will not boot if the HDD is unlocked. With hardmods this is what you would expect as it is recommended practice. However, normally you would see an Error 5 being reported not a black screen.

That may mean it is locked but the original (unmodified) xboxdash.xbe which launches the MS dash is either missing or has been mucked around with. This would be typical of a previous softmod that has been not been cleaned up after the hardmod (the chip) had been installed. But you'd still expect to see an error code of some sort, typically Error 13 or 14.

Impossible to be sure what is going on.

The mention of HDDLoader and XCommander suggests the dash install was done a long time ago and that advice from KaosEngineer ^ to do a clean 'hardmod' dash install on the new HDD dash and choosing UnleashX or some flavour of XBMC instead of whatever dash was being used on the old HDD is the best way to go.

The game/content on the old HDD can be transferred to it by other means later. Chances are that if you do as he suggested you'll be able to get the FTP working afterwards too and that would make transferring the content to the new HDD a lot easier. 

4 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

What are the kernel versions for the two different X2 BIOSes that boot?

Channel 1

BIOS VERSION unknown 

KERNEL VERSION 1.00.5033.01

HARDWARE INFO 00000003 AC B2

Channel 2.

BIOS Xecuter2 4983.6

KERNEL VERSION 1.00.4983.06

Is there a way I can setup channel 1 to load XBMC4GAMERS ?

when I try DVD2XBOX and place in HDDLoader it copies over but dose not show as all the games are PXGAME1 , PXGAME2 ,PXGAME3 , and the GAMES-LIST.txt at bottom.

I really don’t understand editing the EvolutionX skin and dash

7 hours ago, Lexieye said:

Channel 1

BIOS VERSION unknown 

KERNEL VERSION 1.00.5033.01

Channel 2.

BIOS Xecuter2 4983.6

KERNEL VERSION 1.00.4983.06

I'd like to get a copy of the 5033.01 BIOS.   Is it actually 5033 or is it 5035?

It's one that I can not find anywhere.  You can obtain a backup of the BIOS by running Evoxdash's Backup menu option.  The BIOS will be stored in the bios.bin file.  It will be saved in the backup subfolder where evoxdash is running from / installed to on the hard drive.

And, 4983.06 will only have F, no G drive in addition to the standard C, E, X, Y and Z drives.

To check the hard drive's partition configuration install and run XBPartitioner v1.3 to the Xbox. Take a screen shot of its main page and post it.  

6 hours ago, Lexieye said:

Is there a way I can setup channel 1 to load XBMC4GAMERS ?

Yes, by installing a XBE Shortcut that that the BIOS loads (evxodash.xbe) that then runs XBMC4Gamers.  Or, editing the BIOS's configuration.  Do you see a file named E:\x2config.ini on the hard drive?

when I try DVD2XBOX and place in HDDLoader it copies over but dose not show as all the games are PXGAME1 , PXGAME2 ,PXGAME3 , and the GAMES-LIST.txt at bottom.

I really don’t understand editing the EvolutionX skin and dash

DVD2Xbox doesn't rip games and add them to HDDLoader's configuration file for it to run them.   Most people have their games installed into unique subfolders of a Games folder.  As you saw, HDDLoader places them all in subfolders of the HDDLoader install folder.  Naming each game's subfolder PXGAME1, PXGAME2, etc.  Replacement dashboards could run the games from those locations if properly configurated to scan the HDDLoader folder.

On 3/26/2022 at 11:16 PM, KaosEngineer said:

I'd like to get a copy of the 5033.01 BIOS.   Is it actually 5033 or is it 5035?

It's one that I can not find anywhere.  You can obtain a backup of the BIOS by running Evoxdash's Backup menu option.  The BIOS will be stored in the bios.bin file.  It will be saved in the backup subfolder where evoxdash is running from / installed to on the hard drive.

And, 4983.06 will only have F, no G drive in addition to the standard C, E, X, Y and Z drives.

To check the hard drive's partition configuration install and run XBPartitioner v1.3 to the Xbox. Take a screen shot of its main page and post it.  

I will try 

I’m going to be slow at the step by step instructions but I will try to send the link to you with that bios

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/26/2022 at 11:16 PM, KaosEngineer said:

this is the only copy of the bios i could get from the xbox.

i had to use the live hexen CD to get a ftp connection

i have copied c/backups + e/backups twice,

once from the channel 2 boot and once from the channel 1 boot

i hope you can use them and i have done this correctly

https://ufile.io/b62jzu8j

39 minutes ago, Lexieye said:

this is the only copy of the bios i could get from the xbox.

i had to use the live hexen CD to get a ftp connection

i have copied c/backups + e/backups twice,

once from the channel 2 boot and once from the channel 1 boot

i hope you can use them and i have done this correctly

https://ufile.io/b62jzu8j

Thank you.  Odd, the two BIOS/kernel versions I find in the extracted files are 1.0.5838.1 and 1.0.4983.6, no 1.0.5033.1.

• (1MB)Xecuter2 4983.06 = CDD618F786CE0C880BC651D50B999E2E in both chip1 and chip2 c backup folders

and 5838.01 (most likely evox m8 or m8plus as its stated in e backup being from a v1.0 Xbox) in both chip1 and chip2 e backup  folders. 

Can you post a picture of the Xbox screen that shows 5033.1 as the kernel?

Both chip1 and chip2's e backups / xbox info.txt files state that the hard drive installed is a WDC WD3200JB-00KFA0 while the c backup / hddinfo.txt files state that the hard drive is a WDC WD80EB-28CGH2. 

Are you sure you have the correct set of backup folder contents included in the bios.7z file?

3 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

Thank you.  Odd, the two BIOS/kernel versions I find in the extracted files are 1.0.5838.1 and 1.0.4983.6, no 1.0.5033.1.

• (1MB)Xecuter2 4983.06 = CDD618F786CE0C880BC651D50B999E2E in both chip1 and chip2 c backup folders

and 5838.01 (most likely evox m8 or m8plus as its stated in e backup being from a v1.0 Xbox) in both chip1 and chip2 e backup  folders. 

Can you post a picture of the Xbox screen that shows 5033.1 as the kernel?

Both chip1 and chip2's e backups / xbox info.txt files state that the hard drive installed is a WDC WD3200JB-00KFA0 while the c backup / hddinfo.txt files state that the hard drive is a WDC WD80EB-28CGH2. 

Are you sure you have the correct set of backup folder contents included in the bios.7z file?

On the original 350gig HD I get 5838.01 on both channels. like you said I think this is M8 bios when I installed XBMC4GAMERS and removed Avon

I tried the upgraded HD in this original thread that should still contain the original bios in question..... but on my HardMod XBox I get error 06..... and on my softmoded XBox I get error 13?

I am not totally unsure that I have wiped the very rare bios & hopefully I can try again & again to get HEXEN to boot from CD