OGXbox.com

Need Xiso Splitter

shefben

I found two different XISO split apps

One is attached to the following post on this website:

and the other from Rocky5's github.com repository for his Xbox Softmodding Tool source.

XISO Split.exe in the following subfolder:

Xbox-Softmodding-Tool/Utilites/PC/XISO Split/.

The zip archive is also at Rocky's github.com repository in the folder:

Xbox-Softmodding-Tool/Utilites/PC/zipped/.

• Like 1

What is the size of the dot iso file you have?

If it's >6GBs in size, it's not an XISO disc image but a ReDump-style disc image that contains the dual-layer game disc dump with both the video and XDVDFS partitions.  This file is NOT the file you use to mount a disc image, XISO disc image, to play a game from the Xbox hard drive.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shefben said:

Thank you!

It is a xiso file, midnight club 3 dub remix.

Where does xiso split put the new iso files?  I cannot seem to locate where they are outputted 

If it works, the file(s) will be in the directory where the original dot iso file is located.

<filename>.N.iso

where N = 1,2,3, ...

9 hours ago, shefben said:

the xiso came from vimm and xiso splitter recognizes the xiso.iso  but after it reaches 100% there are no files made.  The xiso is also 4.8gb i think if it was a redump it would be 6gb+

What does XISO Split show for the Title Id and Title Name of the game? 

Edit: Is it Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition Remix?  If so, the colon in the Title Name breaks the application.

Example XISO Split display:

1955500994_XISOSplit-ColoninTitleNameBreaksApplication.png.2975bb2a921ac79c33e16515ce957d92.png

Does it list more than one numbered file in the bottom section of the application window?

Edit: I'll try it myself later today and change the example image for the correct game.  (Updated screenshot).

im sure archive.org has them, they seem to have everything related to old consoles

also thank you for the file name fix,  I tried it and the screen just goes black, no restart to the dashboard or antything,

I also got the splitter to work, though i cant launch the game with the attacher xbe, do i need to have the shadowcdrive app on the xbox for that to work?

Edited by shefben

8 hours ago, shefben said:

yes it shows as 

Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition Remix

and it shows 2 iso files, both with colon's in them.  Do I need to edit the name of the xiso with one of the applications to remove the colon before splitting it?

Yes, you need to change the Title Name stored inside the game's default.xbe file inside of the XISO file.

I don't know of any application that can directly change this value inside the XISO file.

I believe the PASCAL source code for XISO Split is available so you could modify the application to remove invalid filename characters from the name of the files the application tries to create.

Edit: Hmm, I'll do a bit more research and see what I can do or find to solve the problem.

@KaosEngineer : The new xbe is included. The problem is that DVD2XBox cuts off the last letter and also the HDD rip ByAlvro has the last letter cut of. So you would need to unpack the ISO on your PC and apply the patch. How ever, I grabbed the NTSC HDD Rdy version and edited all the files quick and dörty by hand. The game now wörks like everyone can see in the video below.

Here is a fixed HDD RDY version (NTSC) : https://1fichier.com/?fhg2kdkvfg6ungnu10jb

Video as proof : Link

Have fun.

PEACE!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, shefben said:

yes it shows as 

Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition Remix

and it shows 2 iso files, both with colon's in them.  Do I need to edit the name of the xiso with one of the applications to remove the colon before splitting it?

You can use any file splitting application to create multiple files from the original XISO-format dot iso file.  7-Zip's File manager has a tool, Split File in its File menu, to split large files into multiple smaller ones of a selected maximum size.  (Edit: The size of the resulting part/split files should be a multiple of 2048 bytes.)

1337457098_4-Splittovolumesbytes-sizeFAT4092MB.png.0f6bff038543b236627e87441a17b5e7.png

18 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

I have created an imgur.com tutorial album:

Note: Not all images have their instructional description at this time.

Edit: I've added comments to all images.  Feedback on their clarity appreciated. 

Thanks so much for this.

This post from you in 2018 mentions DVD sector sizes. Does this guide take this into account?

20 hours ago, KaosEngineer said:

I have created an imgur.com tutorial album:

Note: Not all images have their instructional description at this time.

Edit: I've added comments to all images.  Feedback on their clarity appreciated. 

Sorry, there was a problem that had to be fixed. 

Filenames shown after renaming were longer than 42 characters.  The FATX filesystem only allows for a total of 42 characters. 

A new image has been added to the album with shorter filenames.

• 1 year later...