OGXbox.com

SATA to IDE adapter

Lexieye

Hello all 

DONT BUY CHEAP ADAPTERS 

i installed a SATA to IDE adapter ages ago and now having problems with ERROR 13

when using the HD swap trick with the OG 8gig the new SATA would work again, but this was a false hope as I have now realised the actual adapter is the fault of error 13

i purchased this adapter

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Multibao-Interface-Adapter-Converter-Parallel/dp/B08VR9YQ3C/ref=asc_df_B08VR9YQ3C/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=499393282480&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=13086529900178308512&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9045594&hvtargid=pla-1251257650787&psc=1

and have found there to be acid on the board and the capacitor is loose

DON’T BUY THIS ADAPTERS 

066A0DF6-F4AF-4709-95CB-1A98DAE5301B.jpeg

Most of the time they use pure resin for these adapters (because it's cheap). And there is no need to clean that since it will not do any harm to the pcb. 

One question though. How many "eaten up" mainboards have you seen which are left with flux on it (XBox, Xbox 360, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, PS3)? My count still say's :

How ever if you use any chemical flux, you better clean that.

Finaly, I don't see a real problem buying these cheap adapters if you have to watch your money. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Acidmank said:

Lol, that's rather OTT don't you think.?  There are so many bottlenecks inside the xbox that if you cant wait an extra second or 2 then perhaps you're on the wrong platform.  

Speed comes second to the fact that the StarTech adapters I've used all boot up every single time, while the three or so generic adapters make it like a coin toss.

On 3/16/2022 at 3:31 AM, Mu. said:

Speed comes second to the fact that the StarTech adapters I've used all boot up every single time, while the three or so generic adapters make it like a coin toss.

Indeed. Startech makes a statistically more reliable and solid product. You get what you pay for.

• 1 month later...
On 3/19/2022 at 4:04 AM, Onaga said:

Use multiple of these adapters and every tenth has a problem, but that's fine for me... everytime I order 5 I get 8-10... most of the sellers put few more adapters into the box than ordered.

IGR always works fine for me with Startech and always errors out with other adapters I have tried.  Startech + udma 5 is real nice.

Edited by Donnie-Burger