OGXbox.com

Word of warning about putting a 1.6 motherboard in 1.4 case

Lina_Inverse_

I gave my friend a 1.4 crystal case I got in a bundle of Xboxes online, I forgot to tell him about needing to remove the metal shielding from a pin. Because of that, it would not boot or show any signs of power even when he put the board back in the old case. This case was completely empty so he did use the 1.6 power supply which is also important about not mixing them.

There's this one particular transistor on the standby rail on the 1.6 motherboards that can fail. I have swapped this and it is working again

On 3/14/2022 at 7:56 AM, MadMartigan said:

Post a pic of the transistor you replaced. It could possibly help others out in the future. 

I have put it back myself but I have found another thread where someone mentions the transistor blowout when putting 1.6 board in a 1.4 case

https://www.ogxbox.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4030-motherboard-transplant/

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yeah I think thats how one of the recent ones I bought off eBay was killed. Found it was 1.6 case with a 1.2 board in it.  Didn't think much at the time just put it on the pile of to be fixed.

Thinking it through the seller probably just pieced a load of spares together to make a few. Xboxes and just chucked them on for sale.

They were sold as non working, only one did not work.