OGXbox.com

Best (highest compatibility) way to install games? ReDump to XISO mount

PainToad

Been trying to get my head around the best way to install games. I think I got it sorted, could I get some feedback please?  

Start with ReDump style ISOs.

Next step depends if there's anti-piracy protection (determined by going through the DVD2Xbox ACL files, eg. ACL for TOCA 3)

If there's protection, just remove the video partition and leave the game partition untouched.

dd if=redump.iso of=game_data.iso skip=387k bs=1k

Otherwise, use extract-xiso (which now has ReDump support) to convert it into a compatible XISO and shrink the size.

extract-xiso.exe -r "redump.iso"

If the resulting ISO is > 4gb, use XISO Split to split into smaller files.

FTP the ISO file to F/G:\\Games

Run the "XISO to HDD Installer" script in xbmc4gamer

Source of most of my assumptions: https://www.ogxbox.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1134-xiso-playing-games-from-xbox-hdd-using-iso-images/page/5/

Thanks everyone.

Edited by PainToad

• PainToad changed the title to Best (highest compatibility) way to install games? ReDump to XISO mount

I feel as though I'm missing something when trying this myself. I'll go through the whole process but my console will just relaunch the dashboard (XBMC4G) and not boot the game at all. I'm using a supposed XISO supported version of ind-bios 5003.

1 hour ago, Mu. said:

I feel as though I'm missing something when trying this myself. I'll go through the whole process but my console will just relaunch the dashboard (XBMC4G) and not boot the game at all. I'm using a supposed XISO supported version of ind-bios 5003.

I don't believe the ind-bios 5003 is patched.  I believe it's the hard modded version of the dashloader application that applies the XISO patch to the in-RAM copy of the Xbox's kernel.

You are using the unofficially patched ind-bios 5003 version from this ZIP archive:

IND-BIOS 5003 Shutdown+Ram Patched+XBL Enabled.zip - Google Drive

The dashloader application is included in this archive.  It's named evoxdash.xbe and there's a dashloader folder that needs to be uploaded to the Xbox's C drive too.