OGXbox.com

[partition error see new post] FTP has suddenly stopped working

datura

I'm running a 1.6 Xbox, M8+ and UnleashX. I have a 500GB SSD and have transferred over about 250gb of games so far, and only have four left. Whenever I try to transfer over any game directory, I get this result from FileZilla. It repeats this process for every file in the folder until I cancel the transfer. This happens when I try to write to F:\games, but Interestingly enough, I'm able to transfer games over to my 5gb E:\ partition just fine. I've tried Windows' built-in FTP browser, but had no luck there either. Any knowledge on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Status:	Starting upload of D:\Xbox Games\.transfer\Panzer Dragoon Orta\event\1078102_44s.wav
Command:	CWD /F/games/Panzer Dragoon Orta/event
Response:	553 "/F/games/Panzer Dragoon Orta/event": Directory not found.
Command:	CWD /F/games/Panzer Dragoon Orta
Response:	250 CWD command successful.
Command:	MKD event
Response:	250 Directory created successfully.
Command:	CWD /F/games/Panzer Dragoon Orta/event
Response:	553 "/F/games/Panzer Dragoon Orta/event": Directory not found.
Command:	SIZE /F/games/Panzer Dragoon Orta/event/1078102_44s.wav
Response:	550 File not found.
Command:	PASV
Response:	227 Entering Passive Mode (10,0,1,3,36,29)
Command:	STOR /F/games/Panzer Dragoon Orta/event/1078102_44s.wav
Response:	150 Opening BINARY mode data connection for file transfer.
Error:	Transfer connection interrupted: ECONNABORTED - Connection aborted
Response:	450 Cannot access file.
Error:	File transfer failed

Edited by datura

• datura changed the title to [partition error see new post] FTP has suddenly stopped working
  • 2 weeks later...

I've run into a similar issue on my 1.4 with an aladdin xt clone.  while the disk formats and shows all available space, I'm unable to copy files over once I hit about 120gb, even though there's still plenty of space showing available on the partition

Run XBPartitioner v1.3 to make sure a few items are correct for support of an extended partition 6 that goes beyond the original BIOS's 137GB hard drive size limit.

1. Upon startup of XBPartitioner v1.3, does it display an error message?

!!!!!!!! WARNING !!!!!!!!

LBA48 info not found! Custom Partitions will not work with this BIOS!
Update your BIOS to one that supports at least LBA48 version 2.
Press Y to continue or any other button to abort.

Note: Not formatted the same as displayed on the screen. Each line of text in the app is not centered as shown here.

• If so, you need to update your BIOS to one that does have the LBA48 v2 or later patch applied.
  • Continue to the application's main screen to see the patch number in the upper right-hand box of the main screen. 

2. Next, is ER printed to the left of an extended partition's size? 

59bcafb95df7b_XBPartitioner1.3-ERindicatesClusterSizeErrorforParitionSize.jpg.3c60a4cc301ea7250af61a1c0797e1f4.jpg

• If so, the partition(s) is/are not properly formatted.  They will have to be reformatted and all data will be lost. There is no data safe partition resizing application available for the Xbox.  All data will have to be re-uploaded to the reformatted partition(s).

How cluster size relates to the maximum properly accessible free space of an Xbox hard drive's extended partition:

Cluster size Maximum partition size
16 KB 256 GB
32 KB 512 GB
64 KB 1,024 GB (1 TB)

I cannot get this table centered on the page. :(

7 hours ago, jbelvin said:

I've run into a similar issue on my 1.4 with an aladdin xt clone.  while the disk formats and shows all available space, I'm unable to copy files over once I hit about 120gb, even though there's still plenty of space showing available on the partition

There are several caveats to using a modified Xbox BIOS.

Does it have the LBA48 v2 or later patch applied (partition table used to support custom partition sizes and proper cluster size)?

Which LBA48 setting has been set in the BIOS if LBA48 v2 or later is not supported:

• Use Standard Partition Table
  • Partition 6 Takes Rest of the Drive
  • Partition 6 take up to 137GB / Partition 7 Takes Rest
  • Partition 6 Take Up to 137GB / No Partition 7

The second option partition 6 takes rest of drive without using the proper cluster size will result in problems occurring once you upload more than the formatted cluster size's actually supported size.  The replacement dashboard will show the correct size of the partition; however, problems will occur once you reach the actually support size. The 32-bit cluster counter value will overflow, go back to the beginning (e.g., 0xFFFF FFFF + 1 = 0x0000 0000, not 0x1 0000 0000 since 33-bits required to hold the correct value), overwriting data previously stored at the beginning of the partition corrupting the partition's content.

With LBA48 v2 or later support the size of partition 6 is limited to the cluster size the formatting tool used to format it. See the cluster size vs maximum partition size table above for the actual maximum properly supported partition size.  Many old applications/disk tools only formatted extended partitions with 16KB sized clusters.  If the extended partition is larger than 256GBs, it will have to be reformatted with the correct cluster size.

All data will be lost! It will have to be restored to the partition from a backup.