OGXbox.com

Booooo7

This is a long shot since I can't seem to find anything on the subject anywhere.  Does anyone know how (website, guide, person, video) to install both the remote dongle and the logitech dongle internally?  I remember a long time ago a guide or two on how to do it but can't seem to find anything now.   I'm guessing that there's a lag issue for the logitech and maybe there's better newer tech now that corrects that, if lag is a big issue I might just get something newer even if its not internal but the remote dongle to turn the xbox on is a must.  Is the lag that bad on the logitech, enough to go back to wired?  What do you guys recommend is the best wireless solution with current tech?  I would still like to know how to do the mods, hope someone out there knows.

Thanks in advance. 

There were a couple of different tutorials on how to do so at xbox-scene.com; however, the website has been offline for many years now. But, not all is lost, archive.org's Wayback Machine has them archived:

Xbox-Scene Tutorial: How to connect a dvd dongle inside the Xbox (archive.org)

Xbox-Scene Tutorial: How to hardwire your DVD dongle into your Xbox (archive.org)

The second of these two archived tutorials is the best.

Neither of these two methods allows the DVD Playback Kit's remote to turn on/off the Xbox console.  To do that, you need to install an Xerc2 device (e.g., XERC2XE-InstallDiagram.jpg (800×700) (archive.org)).  Another product who's web site is no longer online and the shop is closed.  However, there was a person selling XERC2's on eBay.  I've not checked recently to see if they still do.

Edit: I just checked eBay and they still have a listing:

XERC 2 XE IR Remote On / Off / Eject Mod for Original Xbox | eBay

• Like 1

I've also tracked down a Wayback Machine archived internal Logitech RF controller receiver tutorial. The link to this tutorial was found in a post on the xboxscene.org website. A website built from archived data from the defunct forums.xbox-scene.com website.

I'm not sure how well it works as some say that reception was poor (5-10 ft) with the internal RF shield left intact and up to 20ft with it removed or portions cut out so the wireless receiver's antenna can be mounted outside of the shield.

web.archive.org/web/20080806115717/http://www.onlinexbox.org/tut/wirelesscontroller/

Others stated that they have installed Pelican wireless receiver's inside their console with the RF shield left in place with better reception distances. However, they also stated that the Pelican wireless controller is not as good as the Logitech Precision Wireless Xbox controller.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here's another forum thread at xboxscene.org:

Info: Dvd Dongle + Controller At Same Time (xboxscene.org)

Pictures are missing but I'm going to see if I can track them down and add them to this post.

Edit: Not so easy, the missing image(s) were hosted at imageshack.us and are not found on the Wayback Machine.  archive.org does have a HUGE repository of archived images from there but you have to download large sets of images, extract the content and hope to find the ones you are looking for.

I'll try a different tactic and see if they were archived along with the web page from xbox-scene.org.

Edit: No luck so far...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow, thanks a lot KaosEngineer, been looking for this for a while, I thought I fully modded my xbox with the exception of it being chipped and it not having that display in the front or that bottom left hand corner control module that connects to the chip inside.  I have a crystal xbox, 2tb hdd, led port mod, jewel light mod, noctua fans, recapped motherboard and psu, added extra 64mb of ram to max it out for chihiro gaming, removed the dvd drive because it didn't work and the hard drive has all the games anyways, this space can be used to install more mods and maybe help keep it cooler. Its softmodded and tsopped so I don't need it chipped only if I can get my hands on one and it has the crystal controller outside and the display.  With these two new mods it can be almost complete and now just waiting for a different hdmi mod that isn't MakeMHz's mod, for the mean time I modded a Wii2Hdmi converter and that's what I use. 

Thanks a bunch again!!!, did not know about wayback machine.

Edited by Booooo7

Looking around for a wireless controller so I can do the mod, found a black, White, green and silver but most of them don't have a receiver.  If I buy any receiver separately will it sync with the controller?  Even if i buy a green controller but buy a white EA sports version receiver?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2022 at 4:33 AM, Booooo7 said:

Looking around for a wireless controller so I can do the mod, found a black, White, green and silver but most of them don't have a receiver.  If I buy any receiver separately will it sync with the controller?  Even if i buy a green controller but buy a white EA sports version receiver?

I will have a definitive answer to this question in about a week, as I recently repaired a green receiver and am waiting on a white EA controller to arrive from ebay.  will report back what I find :)

• Like 1

Since I didn't get an answer sooner, I bought a silver receiver and a silver controller, they weren't cheap to buy them separately but couldn't take the risk of them not working together.  They worked so I was happy about that, now I know that different receivers can work with different logitech controllers, I am in the process of modding the controller with leds and a rechargable battery, after that I will do the internal mod on my xbox. 

Thanks KaosEngineer and jbelvin for all your help, I can archive this info in case I forget how to do it I won't go crazy trying to find it online again.

• Like 2