OGXbox.com

XBMC lag with gapless playback of .WAV

Bowlsnapper

I like CDs. I will not stand for any audio with a lower bitrate than 1400Mbps. I have recently tried to rip my CDs in .WAV format, just because I want lossless encoding and playback of the files. However, when I try to play whole albums, instead of seamlessly transitioning into the next track, it will lag HARD and display the spinning "working" thing at the bottom of the screen. It will take 10-30 seconds to start the next song. However, if I just manually copy the .CDDA files off of the disc, the playback is seamless all throughout the album.  It's perfect

I haven't had my box connected to the internet, but I will soon. My question is, is there a way I can rip audio to the HDD in a format that will not have issues with seamless playback and in a way that will download all the CD info from a database when my box is finally connected? I mean, I guess I could wait for the internet and then manually find out through trial and error. But fuck that. If you guys have any experience in this, I would appreciate your input.

1 hour ago, Bowlsnapper said:

newest xbmc4xbox.

Sorry, I just re-read your post.    

Ignoring the pausing issue.... I'm gonnna say the humble xbox is not the device for you..

It's Simply not built with high quality sound in mind, Its a gaming device built as cheaply as MS could.

IMHO you are playing with the wrong device if you want 'quality' audio and audio quality is very subjective especially as you age, look elsewhere.

51 minutes ago, Acidmank said:

Sorry, I just re-read your post.    

Ignoring the pausing issue.... I'm gonnna say the humble xbox is not the device for you..

It's Simply not built with high quality sound in mind, Its a gaming device built as cheaply as MS could.

IMHO you are playing with the wrong device if you want 'quality' audio and audio quality is very subjective especially as you age, look elsewhere.

The cdda and wav files are the same bitrate. There's no logical reason why one format would struggle to load seamlessly while the other does not. The xbox is more than capable enough to play cd quality audio. Honestly, with my pound hdmi adapter tapping the 2.1 analog audio out, the audio quality rivals that of my vintage Sony Discmans... Which is saying something. It sounds AWESOME.

On 2/25/2022 at 10:08 PM, Bowlsnapper said:

The cdda and wav files are the same bitrate. There's no logical reason why one format would struggle to load seamlessly while the other does not. The xbox is more than capable enough to play cd quality audio. Honestly, with my pound hdmi adapter tapping the 2.1 analog audio out, the audio quality rivals that of my vintage Sony Discmans... Which is saying something. It sounds AWESOME.

Bitrate is not the issue,  Its the format of the files and how xbmc4xbox handles them,  Sounds like its caching / processing before playback.  If CDDA is working for you then why convert?