OGXbox.com

Patching games for 480p without using XBMC

datura

Title is pretty self-explanatory. I have a 1.6 chipped with an OpenXenium and some games are absolutely unplayable thanks to the 480p scrambling issue. The general consensus seems to be to use XBMC4Gamers to patch the files, but I'm an UnleashX puritan and would like to avoid having to use a whole other separate dash to play only a handful of troublesome games. If anyone knows of a method of accomplishing this without XBMC I'd greatly appreciate it.

^ Yes.

Just install XBMC as an app and use that to run Rocky5's v1.6 480p loader script.

If you are so minded once done you can delete the XBMC dash.

The script installs the appropriate loader required in the actual game folder of any games it finds on your Xbox HDD from the master list it uses. So when finished you do not need XBMC any more.

But IMHO you should keep it. An alternative dash as app can be very useful and XBMC does some things much better than UnleashX and that is from somebody who uses UnleashX as a main dash on all their Xboxes bar one.     

Edited by HDShadow
  • Like 1